Rs6 C5 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs6 C5 :)

Got myself a new beast. I got i cheap as the gearbox is broken. I'm planning on fixing it my self as a winter project. Really happy with it Of course i will update this thread when i have more photo's
    Attached Files
    1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

It's so gorgeous... I'm wanting one myself, too bad they only came with autos though...

Comment

Nice car!!

Comment

Very nice motor, would love one but the women said NO!

You can fit a B5 box to it! Don't know how long it will last but it would make it fun.
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Good choice, had one for about two years now and certainly puts a smile on your face. If it's not mapped already be sure and get both ECU and TCU done. Much improved driving experience after getting the TCU done.

Comment

Oh it look so awesome!

Comment

rs6

Great car , ive had mine just over a year now, amazing bit of kit,,
              Attached Files

Comment

Stunning example, great colour in and outside.

Not too sure on the tailpipes though..

Comment

Thanks all

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                  Stunning example, great colour in and outside.

Not too sure on the tailpipes though..
                  I'm also not sure about the tailpipes. I'm getting used to it now but it is a little to much maybe

Originally posted by chris View Post
                  Great car , ive had mine just over a year now, amazing bit of kit,,
                  Very nice colour

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
                  Good choice, had one for about two years now and certainly puts a smile on your face. If it's not mapped already be sure and get both ECU and TCU done. Much improved driving experience after getting the TCU done.
                  Its is already mapped yes. What do you notice in difference? Is there any way to tell mine TCU is also done?

Comment

Getting the TCU done removes the torque limiter in the gearbox, gives you more control over the gears when in tiptronic mode, activates the lock up clutch earlier resulting in a more "manual" feel to the box. See if you can hold 30mph in 5th gear? If yes your box will be mapped, if not the box will hunt up and down between 3rd and 4th which is most annoying. Line pressure within the box may also be increased resulting in a quicker, more positve gear change.

Comment

nice find

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                        It's so gorgeous... I'm wanting one myself, too bad they only came with autos though...
                        Can put a manual tranny in. A bloke over hear has done one. You can also buy a complete kit from the U.S with the lot.

http://audis4parts.com/audi-a6-tip-t...sion-swap-kit/

It lists all the bits you need if you want to source it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
                          Getting the TCU done removes the torque limiter in the gearbox, gives you more control over the gears when in tiptronic mode, activates the lock up clutch earlier resulting in a more "manual" feel to the box. See if you can hold 30mph in 5th gear? If yes your box will be mapped, if not the box will hunt up and down between 3rd and 4th which is most annoying. Line pressure within the box may also be increased resulting in a quicker, more positve gear change.
                          Thanks! Will keep that in mind when it is running again.

Started on the removal of the front. On Sunday i will start on removing the engine and gearbox.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely stunning I adore these cars it's just the maintaining of them that frightens me what with the weak gearboxes drc issues etc but yours looks a peach!! Very jealous lol

Comment

Best to remove DRC if it's playing up, aftermarket shocks can be bought quite reasonable, i paid £550 for Koni adjustables. Normal A6 suspension arms etc can be fitted so can also be bought at reasonable prices. I see your intercoolers are leaking, whip them off, give them a good degrease and pressure test in water to determine where the leaks are coming from. JB weld them and job done, nice air tight intercoolers for not much monies.

Comment

Working...
                              X