how to take out rear wheel well linings of RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to take out rear wheel well linings of RS2

title says it all. Want to take out the black plastic fender linings. Left rear seems impossible to take out, without dismantling the entire suspension.. Any tips or tricks on how to do this the "easy way"?

thanks,
    Last edited by Tzummie; 4 September 2015, 12:21.

I've just removed my r/o/s arch liner.
    Bite the bullet and drop suspension, I tried removing liner with suspension in place
    it was a no go. Once suspension is down, it makes the job an easy one.

rs2315.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah, I was afraid of that. Once I take the suspension off, I open a complete new can of worms.. . What's the easiest way to do that? (and any suggestions what to do like powder coating, rubbers, etc. while we are at it?).
      thnx!

Comment

Would taking-out/loosening/dropping the support in the wheel arch be sufficient? (and leave all other stuff intact). Any info appreciated!

Comment

undo all screws tape up rear arch edge with masking tape spray grease on inside /outside of arch liner and give it a good tug mine came out easy,putting them back wasnt that bad either ?

Comment

thnx. Thought of that, but I experienced that the "dome" shaped top of the lining is too high to pass the wheel arch edge. Could theRS2 have a different shape?

Comment

I assume that the left arch lining should be brittle and foocked up, at least mine was like a wafer consistency due to the heat from the exaust that's near by.
              If you sourced already a new one just take it out in pieces.
              I sourced a new one from a normal Audi 80 Avant that can be easily trimmed in the dome (enlarged) area to fit the RS2 arch and it's very easy to fix it up once trimmed to size without any work on the suspension
              http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Originally posted by curlylee View Post
                undo all screws tape up rear arch edge with masking tape spray grease on inside /outside of arch liner and give it a good tug mine came out easy,putting them back wasnt that bad either ?
                mines rs2

Comment

ok, thanks. As the lining indeed got brittle, am afraid of bending too much. I'll see what the grease will do. :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X