LSD/torsen for 01a front axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD/torsen for 01a front axle

Does anybody know if there is a LSD of some sort commercially available for 01a-type quattro gearbox? I'd love to have one for my 90q, as I drive it around the track around the year (tarmac & ice)

The front diff is ridiculously small in those gearboxes. The crown wheel inner diameter is 100mm and it's attached with eight bolts. Even golf mk2 diff has larger crown wheel. The b5 a4 fwd diff could be suitable otherwise, but it too has larger crown wheel which is attached with 10 bolts. Haven't been able to find a direct fit or even something "close enough" which could be made to fit with a little machining.

Switching to 01e would of course solve this problem, but brings more weight and all the fab work with shift linkages, driveshafts etc.

Audi V8 torsen rear diff! I had that installed in my fwd gearbox. 276 hp 380nm torque.
    Has reduced alot the torque steering...but not enough...soo. i converted my car to quattro. You have to machine 1 side of the diff to receive the right bearing.

Comment

V8 rear diff does not fit inside the 01a (quattro) gearbox. I tried, I have one v8 diff & one disassembled 01a laying around. It hits to the gearbox shell just beneath the input axle. Also the crown wheel is lot bigger in v8 diff & it has 10 bolt PCD. For the same reasons, 01e front diff does not fit either. Tried that too...

Comment

Sorry! My bad! I fitted that into FWD gearbox...never tried into Quattro!
        Sorry!

Comment

No harm done. Maybe some fwd-driver finds that information even useful.

Comment

use the porshe 924 and 944 lsd diff.. they willl fit right in...( they does have the audi fwd tranny in the rear end... with lsd... i have the P/N too

Comment

Can you shared it with us mate?
              800HP 800++Nm

Comment

The Porsche diff has 10-bolt crownwheel. It fits FWD-box yes, but not in the 01a quattro-box which has 8-bolt crownwheel.

Comment

more details on the p-car stuff?
                  BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
                  DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

I have front torsen diff for sale (01E quattro box).
                    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Crossfire View Post
                      V8 rear diff does not fit inside the 01a (quattro) gearbox.
                      Not sure how accurate this is but I had a 012 (01A FWD version) with a Rear Torsen out of an early Audi V8 in it. It required some machining of the end flanges but other than that I made it work.
                      Issam N. Abed
                      iABED Industries
                      iABED Email | Facebook
                      The build thread

Comment

Working...
                      X