Brake disc advice please B5 RS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake disc advice please B5 RS4

Evening all. I need a little advice please. Recently got the b5 RS4 and it needs front discs. It has floating 380 mm oettinger discs with 4 pot brembo 996 callipers. But I don't know how I go about ordering the correct ones or how many choices there are available in this size. The bell housings seem ok so presume I buy the rota and swap them over. Any advice as to first step.

From looking around I have ended up with a company called BG Developnents who will custom machine some rotas complete will bells, but I am looking at £800 for the discs with bell housing alone.

BG developments supplied the AP kit for my S2, rotors aren't cheap on their own. Do you know the thickness, pcd and bolt pattern of the discs as it's likely you can buy off the shelf discs that you can fit
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Well standard pcd for B5. 380x32x65 I think. Just. It sure where to look to buy them.

Comment

The standard B5 is 360mm and the B7 365mm so your 380mm are custom which will cost

The best of the shelf option for 380mm at the moment are girodiscs via Eddie @ WOT Motorsport http://www.wotmotorsport.com/

http://www.girodisc.com/Rotors_c_467.html

You may be able to get away with just the rotor

Comment

Dont brembo sell 380mm discs in their GT set up? Maybe you could swap the bells over ? Or try AP racing they did a disc for the guys who had a ' movit' set up on their RS4s which had a porsche 4 piston caliper.

Comment

Looked at most of that. BG will do them for around £800. Almost makes me think about going back to standard. But they do look nice. And with 440 bhp I don't really want to cost cut on brakes.

Comment

People with over 600 upgrade to stock RS4 360mm brakes, so I hardly think you need to worry

Pads are more important than discs IMO, so better off spending money there.
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Tend to agree with you. Apart from cosmetics that appears it. I have considered getting the carrier adapters machined smaller or buy new ones to fit with original B5 RS4 discs. Would that be possible at all ? The best of both worlds so to speak ....

Comment

I agree, with decent pads 360mm is hardly small, and you have better calipers than the stockers.
                  I would get new caliper brackets or get yours machined to use the B7 RS4 or Phaeton rotors.
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Give Reyland a call
                    Chef

Comment

The other advantage to going smaller is less Un sprung mass. And cost obviously

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                        The other advantage to going smaller is less Un sprung mass. And cost obviously
                        I have been through the whole AP racing PDF backwards and forwards.

Its not actually the way it works.

You can get a 380x36 disc that weighs less than a 360x32 And then most seem to be around the 7kg mark from 350-378mm
                        Chef

Comment

I guess it depends on the materials and machining as you say

Comment

B5 360mm discs are £180 plus vat each. Massively better price and if the performance is good anyway with these callipers I think I have my answer. Cheers guys. Just need to either buy new carriers or get mine machined some how

Comment

They are good for price, but heavy! Loads of S4/RS4 guys use them with the Porsche calipers still though

Again look at the girodisc B5 option which reduce the unsprung weight massively.

Comment

Working...
                              X