Contacting eBay customer suppport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting eBay customer suppport.

I recently bought an item which was not as described. The seller is unwilling to accept that he sent a defective item and was abusive when I contacted him.

Initially I wanted to return item but immediately closed this request upon seeing I would incur the delivery charges to rectify his mistake. He claims to have tested it and offers a guarantee against DOAs. He failed to deliver his customer promise.

I am unable to open a case in the Resolution Centre because it erroneously reports that I have return open.

Okay I thought, I contact eBay Customer Support direct for assistance.

Can I find a page with useable contact details? Can I flip! I'm just going round and round the same handful of pages and getting nowhere.

Can anyone point me to the info I need please?

try doing it through paypal

Comment

You can get in touch via contact pages, its buried away to IM someone. Paypal is a better bet though
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Similar to my case by the sounds of it http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=contact+ebay

In the end I found a way to contact eBay and got a unhelpful reply unfortunately. They sure don't make it easy to contact them, I ended up on the same page over and over again.

Good luck.

Comment

Yep, log a problem through paypal. You should win but it might take a while.

Trying to contact ebay is like trying to contact vodafone when you have a problem. They are just not interested. Quite the opposite if you want to set up an account or buy a new phone though. Annoying bunch of jokers. Good luck with it

Comment

i sorted out a problem with an ebay eejit by using the chat service on ebay.

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=1468

the knobiserectus left me negative feedback with a rant in finlandian english after he claimed that i was trying to overcharge him for sending an item to his country. i pointed out that my listing said that i'd send to the uk only but when the bungler won the item i went to the post office and they told me that it would cost £8 odds tracked to post. this scandinavian psycho told me that he'd checked the post office's website and it would cost £3 odds standard post. i told him that i only ever sent anything via recorded/ tracked post and that if he still wanted the item that it would cost him £8 odds. next thing is that he leaves me a stinking negative (my first in almost a thousand transactions!) saying i was trying to extort postal fees from him!!

anyway, contact the chat service. they were brilliant and removed the fud's feedback pronto.

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Good post Craig for the op and your link.

I can't agree more.....ebay are very helpful.

I sold a present i really didn't like a month ago a brand new realtree hunting/fishing coat and the buyer said he didn't receive it. I checked with the courier and there was a signature.Buyer said he went to Spain on holiday the day before the signature.How original?Jerk!! Why not tell me to pop item straight into post next day as hew as going on holiday 3 days later.HHmmmm Alarm bells!! Oh,and he waited over 24hrs to pay even though it was a buy it now.

After doing my best for the buyer knowing full well he was pulling a fast one i escalated the case he opened against me to ebay customer support.Yes if you have never done it before it can be irritating but it does work. With all the evidence for ebay to look at they found in my favour as my item i sent had been signed for.

On ebay you have to be seen to be doing your best in your actions and use polite business type emails.I have found if you do that i have ALWAYS been able to get the outcome i desired.No ifs or buts.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Yeah, open a case. Very easy, and Ebay is always very supportive of the buyer.
                1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                1994 80E Avant
                1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Thanks to all for the good advice offered.

I tried to reason with him by sending him a video clip to clearly show the fault with the item.

You would think that would be enough for most people to put there hands up and admit fault. But no, he tells the method I am using to test the item is insufficient. Infuriated by this I asked him to explain why an identical part I received from another seller can be tested successfully this way. No reason was offered of course.

It's clear he won't accept blame regardless of what evidence I present to him.

I'll get in touch with eBay and report back.

Comment

it's certainly changed from back in the dark ages when ebay first got going!

i remember selling a bottle of joop aftershave to am arabic sounding lad in london.
                    i got a complaint from him almost immediately stating that the bottle of joop was fake and that he wanted a full refund! incredulous, i awaited the returned item with some bemusement and one morning duly received a jiffy bag with a london frank mark on it.

when i opened the package up, i was greeted with an eye watering stench and a broken "joop" bottle. when i carefully examined the damaged bottle i found it to be a really rough copy of the original that i'd sent him and what was left of the contents was a putrid, pale imitation of the original. i can almost smell it as i type!!

in short, this barsteward had sent me his fake, then reported me for the privelege!! i complained to ebay with photos and words and it made no difference. they rules in his favour. END of.

perhaps they didn't fancy tackling someone with a hyphonated arabic surname!! i couldn't believe that someone would go to such lengths for the sake of £30 or so.

Comment

I promised to report back if and when I got this resolved, so here it is.

I decided to surrender the worthless RTB warranty and take a look in side. It was an easy fix, reflowing a few dry solder joints on the secondary side got the unit out of standby and running properly. I have yet to leave the seller a neutral feedback rating at best along with some less than glowing comments about the service I received.
                      Last edited by Nuvo; 19 November 2014, 12:55.

Comment

that's outrageous that you should have to fix the thing yourself!!

leave him a negative stinker - i doubt it will be his first judging by your tale!

Comment

I completely agree that he deserves negative feeback. I want to do this to warn others of his poor attitude and service, the thing I fear is that he will return the favour as payback.

Comment

As far as I know, the seller is unable to leave negative feedback on a buyer when the buyer has paid up. The negative option isnt available.
                            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Well if thats the case I'll give him both barrels.

Comment

Working...
                              X