Clear All

• Alloy flywheel

Can anyone help me with this question.
    quote [ Is your flywheel stepped or flat flywheel] quote
    The car is aby 93

thx
    sigpic_________
    Rob

Your flywheel is stepped (dished) dual mass.
    Never show a fool a half built house.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
    The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

thx
      I am trying to order single lite alloy flywheel with clutch and other bits, is 3b steeped??
      which one do I order then?
      thx
      sigpic_________
      Rob

Comment

3B flywheel is flat, most aluminium flywheels are for the 3B or 7A - I have tried to find an aluminium flywheel for an RS4 (Clutchnet) but have been told to convert to flat 3B item, and order aluminium unit to suit.

You need to order flat 3B alloy single mass flywheel, with clutch to match.
        Never show a fool a half built house.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
        The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

thx m8, just done that.
          sigpic_________
          Rob

Comment

Rob,

Not sure if this is posted here or not, but when you fit the 3B flywheel and clutch to the ABY/ADU engine, as well as removing the spacer plate between the six speed box and engine, also remember to shorten (or replace with 3B items) the two dowels pressed into the back of the block which locate into the bell housing. These are a touch too long and the block doesn't mate up to the bell housing with the spacer removed without leaving a gap.

Cheers m8

Mark.
            Mark - Modded

Comment

I have a clutchnet fiber carbon 6 puck clutch and an 11lb aluminum flywheel on my AAN with stock 5 speed coupe tranny and it works great.

Elijah
              Attached Files
              91 Audi Coupe Quattro- AAN engine transplant

Comment

Robo,

Where did you order from and how much? Will they give a discount for ordering two? :mischeif:

I need to replace my dual mass when I swap gearboxes and even though the clutch has been done it still judders. Rather than put another dual mass in I may as well go for a lightened alloy one and a decent clutch.

Ben
                the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Hi Ben
                  I think I got good deal from clutchnet, for 12lb flywheel +carbon clutch with all other bits of pieces for $900.
                  I also ordered another flywheel from Cees which is bit ligther.
                  sigpic_________
                  Rob

Comment

Do you have the part numbers you ordered? I have looked at the clutchnet site but it isn't too clear which bits need ordering.

If you've ordered two flywheels does that mean you might consider selling one of them?

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                      If you've ordered two flywheels does that mean you might consider selling one of them?

Ben
                      No wona keep two of them, I know that avants clutch is on its way out so will use one of them on it.
                      I did not give em any part numbers , I told them what i got and what I need, if you look at there webby you can c s6 (AAN) with 2.2 turbo engine which is near match
                      sigpic_________
                      Rob

Comment

Worth a try

I'll email them, cheers mate.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X