Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs2 rear view mirrors

Hello everybody!!

Can anybody help me in the way to install the RS2 rear view mirrors in an S2 Coupe ABY?

I have been looking through the ETKA and it doesn't seem a bolt on application.

Thank you for any help
    94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

go and see this , all in germain but it 's easy

Mirror
    God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
    It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

Comment

Thank for the web page, was very helpfull.

I don't understand perfectly the drilling bit though.

Is it only needed to increase the hole that is more to the right on page 7 of the web page from 8mm to 10mm?

What is the white thing they use for drilling? :confused:

Where can I find that adapter cable the use? :confused:

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi, Spanish,
        I recently fixed the RS2 mirrors to my Coupé (ABY aswell)
        Concerning the enlargement of the hole: indeed it needs to be widened to the front, you can use the rubber sealant as a template. Go ahead very carefully and try to fit the mirror more than once, taking care that the hole does not become to large.I used a small conic fraise in a electric screw driver.
        If you dont have a "dremel", than ou can use a file.
        I did not use an adapter cable, but I simply soldered the corresponding wires together and isolated them with schrinking socks.

a picture of all the parts you need:

and the finished result:

Succes
        Peter

Comment

Thank you for your help. Now I feel I can do it.

The only trouble is going to be soldering, as my previous experiences have not been very good:mad:

So If anybody can tell me where I can find the adaptor cables it would be of great help.
          Are they by any case OEM with the RS2?

Greetings

Comment

If soldering is a problem, you can consider using cable connecters that you squeeze on.
            The cables are indeed OEM RS2 and go from the mirror to the connector inside the door, near the hinges.
            Most likely you need to remove the inner door pannel anyway, because the cable is fixed inside the door and will not have enough lenght sticking outside.

Peter

Comment

Thank you for your help.

I will be doing the swap as soon as possible.
              Although most of the spare cash I have is going to Italy to buy pieces from the Rs2 in the breakers.

Thank you again for your help.

Comment

I have done the rs2 mirrors conversion on an ABY coupe.

I used the foam seals as a template as well (make sure you are using the correct side and the seals the correct way round. Put masking tape on the door and draw on that. It was just the front section of door that needs cut - a D shape.

I bought a dremel copy from one of our big DIY stores - only £10 - and used a small cutting disc to cut the D out. Be very careful - it would be easy to slip with this.

THere was just enough length on the S2 door wiring looms to splice into teh RS2 mirrors loom so I didn't need to take door cars off.

The wiring is not a direct point to point - one of them has to be commoned up - I will look out my drawing tomorrow - Also, the genuine schematics colour codings are wrong.

I think it took 2 to 3 hours for me to do.

Doug
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Thanks everybody for your help.
                  Will post images when I am finished.

Comment

In case there should be any doubt on wiring colours, here are the corresponding colours from:

RS2 mirror <-> wiring loom door <-> S2 mirror remark
                    brown..............white .......................brown..................mirr or heating
                    brown..............brown.......................bla ck....................mirror heating
                    black...............yellow/black..............red
                    blue.................red/yellow................white/brown..........blue and red
                    red..................red/yellow.................white/brown..........together
                    white...............white.......................gr een

Peter

Comment

Does anybody know the Porsche part number for this rear view mirrors.
                      In Spain Porsche dealers are much, much cheaper than Audi. :eek2:
                      Regards

Comment

There is no Porsche partnumber for the mirror: it is a specific Audi mirror, that uses a Porsche mirror cap on a specific feet.
                        For the mirror glasses there should be Porsche equivalents, but their price is reasonable: 50 to 65€ (plain or convex)
                        Peter

Comment

I am finally going to install the mirrors this weekend.
                          However I still have not get a couple of things.
                          Please see picture.

On the picture, correct adapter position for fitting is 90º left from were is painted. :wacked: Who does this diagrams? :mad:

This is what I know so far
                          Screw 1: Holds the adapter (10) to the rear view mirror and does nothing else. It selfs locks and thats it (no washers or anything else)

Screw 2: Is the one to the front of the car and goes through the mirror (5), through the adaptor (10) and into the door. This should be the screw that goes in the hole that needs to be widenend, right? Does it self locks or is a nut needed?

Screw 3: Should be the hole towards the back of the car of the adapter (10). Appart from that no idea what it does :eek2: . Does it need a nut or washer? Hole on the door remade?
                          Attached Files

Comment

No help so far

Comment

Spanish, this is the correct assembly order:
                              * mount the adapter with screw3 in the rear hole of the bracket inside the door. place one of the screw2 in the front hole, just to align.
                              * tighten screw3 (no nut or what so ever needed) and remove screw2
                              * put the mirror in place with screw2 trough the mirror in the front hole and screw1 trough the mirror in the hole of the bracket, first handloose, then tighten
                              Succes
                              Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X