building a sportquattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building a sportquattro

It's going to happen. This winter I'm starting on a Sportquattro replica. Short wheelbase and all that. I'm not sure about the window tilting buisness. I'm only doing that if I can find a complete front end from an audi 80.

This is not going to be a replacement for the S2. That is staying.

Before I ever laid hands on an S2 I was into serious customizing of Veedubs. I topchopped a beetle when I was 16. Very extreem monster in the end. After all the bodyworks I moved on to the real cars, (powerfull) S2's. And now I want to go back to the bodyworks and combine it with more IL5 power.

So If anybody has info on sportquattro's like books, magazines, prospekts, interesting sites, parts etc etc. Please let me know.
    My first choise in body kits is the one from these guys www.sportquattro.nu
    They build some pretty neat stuff.

Can't wait to start in my new heated garage!

Cheers and thanks!
    Last edited by Jeffer; 21 May 2006, 21:06.
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

Jeffer, Have a chat with Aelred on the forum. He's been involved with short wheel base replicas for some years. I'm sure he could give you some pointers. Good look with the project

Steve
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Sounds like a interesting project Jeffer. Not content with one beast then ??

Good luck with it, sounds like your a bit of a dab hand with customising cars

Cheers,
      Chris
      Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Good luck Jeffer!

Comment

Jeffer, good luck with this project.

FWIW, I personally would only do a conversion like this with the original Sport upright screen, anything else just looks pants as far as I'm concerned.

I've got lots on info on parts etc if you're interested
          S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I understood that I need an audi 80 2 door front end for the correct upright window. Now thats hard to find. And yes please provide me with as much info on parts as possible jeffer at highoctane.nl

cheers
            RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
            RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
            Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
            High Octane website

Comment

Great idea! I suggest you do the tricks and change the windshield angle to sedan type as the coupe angle looks really weird. The 2 door typ81 doors are a straight fit I guess but may be hard to find in decent condition. Needs a lot of work of course but I think its worth it.
              I'd like to have one but our legistlation makes it about impossible to do one
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                Thanks guys. I understood that I need an audi 80 2 door front end for the correct upright window. Now thats hard to find. And yes please provide me with as much info on parts as possible jeffer at highoctane.nl

cheers
                What about a 4 door? Should be possible to cut right after/on top off the a-pillars and weld on the roof from the coupe there?
                Are the SQ doors from a 2 door sedan or a 4 door?

Cheers,
                Roger

Comment

go for it i'm doing one at the moment .but to do the upright one is a lot of extra work . if you want it to look original it has to be left hand drive and to have the original dashboard which i dont know where you'll find .but good luck anyway pm me if you need any help .

Comment

You can buy the sport quattro doors from Audi and they are cheaper than the ur quattro £289.17 ea
                    Onlything is the glass is NLA
                    sigpic

Comment

http://www.dialynx.co.uk/conversions.htm

here's some info, hope it helps

Comment

Good luck Dude. It will be a very interesting project.

It depends on whether you want an original looking Sport quattro replica or a kind of sprint or track car type replica, with custom parts. Making it all look original would be a very hard task indeed. In that case it would probably be easier and cheaper to just buy a real Sport quattro in the first place.

I'm guessing you're planning to build a Sport quattro replica that looks like the real thing, but is mechanically superior to the original.

Here is MTM's S1 replica.
                        SS

Comment

What i think Jeffer is trying to do is build car which will be very lite and pawerfull so he can beet 3.5 maybe 3 second mark.
                          All the best m8
                          cheers
                          sigpic_________
                          Rob

Comment

stand a 2 door 80 in norway.and i know where... 8-)) they have another vindsield frame angel

Comment

buy a real sport quattro ? 40 grand plus if you can find one . if you build one it could be more powerfull than the real thing .

Comment

Working...
                              X