Smoking exhaust after service!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking exhaust after service!!

Ok heres a question for ya! I just got my S2 back from a full service which they werent able to clear the brake system error or the airbag light gonna have to take it to stealers and bite the bullet i think. They did get the abs working again after replacing they faulty wheel speed sensor.

But now to add insult to injury i have white smoke coming out of the exhaust and its quite embarassing when sitting at traffic lights/town driving it starts as whisp then bellows out blinding everyone behind me could it be they over filled it with oil??

What do you think i should do about the smoke? Car is running well and feels stronger through the gears now has new sparks/full oil change.
    previously owned audis:
    1987 Audi 80 1.8E
    1990 Audi 80 sport
    1989 Audi Coupe 2.2E
    Current car:
    1995 Audi S2 Avant LHD

White smoke has to be water, what does it smell like???? acrid with a little coolant maybe, that sweet sticky smell?? I hope it's not for your wallet's sake.

Iain

Comment

I had the same problem after a service ....
      Smoking on idle only.
      The problem may be incorrect oil used, as you cannot use a too thin oil.

Other than that its the turbo oil seals.
      Oil seals costed me about 100 GBP with turbo service.

S2 Coupe fully built.
      10.9 1/4mile 0-100 in 3.5secs
      Precision 6262 turbo
      The Green Monster

Comment

the brake error light does it come up after useing the brake say in traffic if so could be the acumilator just had to do mine the light comes up every so often when the pedal is pressed.

Comment

Working...
        X