total audi soldiers on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• total audi soldiers on...

I recieved issue 4 of total audi today - congratulations to David on getting another issue out, I appreciate the difficulties he's been through to keep everything going...

Although the format seems to have shrunk in the wash, the magazine still has plenty of good content and some nice photography. Image included for scale:
    TotalAudi4.jpg

I quite like the new size - it sits nicely in front of the National Geographics on the shelf!

My only gripe (and it is minor,) is that the TT article reads a little too much like the official press release... Still, I look forward to reading 'real' impressions following David's attendance at the 'hacks' launch.

Nice to see Derek's Scottish S2, pity the photo's are tiny!

Keep it up David - thanks for persevering!
    Nothing feels fast for long...
    sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

excellent, looking forward to it.

http://forum.funk-hq.com | http://www.no-rice.com
    twolitreturbooctaviavrs - '07 Skoda Octavia vRS - E.R.V.
    It might not be a 5 pot or an S2... but at least I have a 20v Turbo in my life again.

Comment

I look forward to seeing it.

What's his user ID? I need to give him my new address
      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Think yourself lucky,some people havnt even had issue 2 or 3 yet!

Comment

I have to beg to differ unfortunately. I think it is a pretty poor show, but obviously better than nothing!

There are very few original articles in it, and some look and feel like they are lifted from internet sites or sales / promo material.

I do appreciate what David is going through but at the end of the day we have all paid a large subscription equivalent to any other mainstream magazine and we are not really getting what we paid for.

I will be submitting my article on preparing and maintaining an S2 over the next few weeks just to show that I am not just gobbing off for the fun of it and do actually want to see a decent magazine.

I can only hope it gets better...

Cheers,

Steve
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

It will get better Steve, and I hear your comments. Contributions from you and everybody else are EXACTLY what we need. Thanks
            David Corfield
            www.totalaudi.com
            www.davidcorfield.com

Comment

Good stuff, David.
              Never show a fool a half built house.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
              The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

Got the mag last night, nice to see it again!

David, I haven't forgotten about the photos and short write up of the Audi presence at Mania this year, I will try to get it sorted this week.

http://forum.funk-hq.com | http://www.no-rice.com
                twolitreturbooctaviavrs - '07 Skoda Octavia vRS - E.R.V.
                It might not be a 5 pot or an S2... but at least I have a 20v Turbo in my life again.

Comment

Thanks Kris, and thanks everybody for supporting me through some very hard times. Next month will be a vast improvement.
                  David Corfield
                  www.totalaudi.com
                  www.davidcorfield.com

Comment

Here's a topic gone BUT not forgotten.

Been at the dentists today, and what should I see sitting on the table in the waiting room? An issue of this mag.

Issue number 4..........the one I never received

Mine stopped at issue three, out of the subscription of buy 12 and get 15 issues.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

I remember a few people getting burnt by that particular deal. Sad really as the Audi scene is so community oriented.
                      1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
                      2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
                      1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                        Here's a topic gone BUT not forgotten.

Been at the dentists today, and what should I see sitting on the table in the waiting room? An issue of this mag.

Issue number 4..........the one I never received

Mine stopped at issue three, out of the subscription of buy 12 and get 15 issues.

LMAO!

Funny you should say that, I was clearing out our magazine rack at home on Saturday. (We had friends coming over and I got roped into tidying up, so I thought I would do it properly!) Anyway I digress, I found the first three editions of Total Audi. Just as I was about to discard them along with Evo and Audi Driver magazine, something stopped me.

I have decided to keep them in case I ever get issues 5 - 15, or they become worth something, I mean they are rare after all.

cheers

Steve
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by shark_90 View Post
                          I remember a few people getting burnt by that particular deal. Sad really as the Audi scene is so community oriented.
                          As you will see from some of my previous posts, I tried to get my money's worth by having a good laugh and taking the p!55 out of David from TA!

The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

I think was one of the few lucky enough to receive issue # 4 but unfortunately not lucky enough to receive the rest of my 15 issues or in fact any of my hard earned wedge back!!

As you rightly say this community is very friendly and unltimately far too trusting at times. I believed on this occasion that those of us who subscribed were helping a fellow enthusiast to create something which would be a great asset to the entire community. Instead we got shafted once again!
                            '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

We were approached to get involved and pick up the peices after things dried up, did the research and decided against it tho, poo sticks and all that. A shame it was't tackled differently from the outset, had so much potential but has now obviously left a nasty aftertaste. Getting another indy Audi mag of the ground would prove v v difficult coz of this saga, a real shame...

Comment

Working...
                              X