Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing electric rear window to coupe

Hi!
    last week i have finaly installed electric rear windows to mine s2. It was quite hard job to find complete set for reasonable money, because this nice option is very rare.
    List of parts needed:
    -booth rear windows

-complete rear seals for windows
    -2x electric motor
    -wirings

-switchs
    -plastic interior plates rear

First you have to take out old window and old seal.

Then you have to build in rear electric window motor

It is quite hard job because there is very limited space.Then you have to put new seals instead of old one. Seals for hadged window is different (there is two seals) as for standard window.
    All you have to do now is to wire up windows. you connect wirings under steering wheel.
    Brown pin goes to mass, red one to L30, blue one with black goes to M75s connector. (see the piccture for more details where to connect wires)

Switchs for rear windows are located in driving door.

This is how car looks like after fitting it

I am sorry for mine poor english, but i hope that this post will help if anyone will build in this windoes to his/her car too.
    Audi Coupe S2 1993
    Audi V8 4.2 1993
    Audi cabrio 1998

Nice work there!

I'm lucky in that I have factory fitted rear electric windows on my 3B - but not lucky in the respect that typically I have a problem operating them! The motor works fine but the little white plastic grommet on the end of the widow opening arm circled below keeps popping off the spindle on the motor. I cant see anything missing that secures it and it does need to allow the motor spindle it grips to turn in order to work and wind the window in. Result is that when I try to shut the window it usually pops off and wont close!

I know this has been a problem previously with the car but cant see any obvious solution. Wish I'd caught you earlier and you could have took some pics of yours to see if there was a little cir-clip or the like missing!

Anyway I guess with the weather to come I wont be using them much!

cheers

Paul
    Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
    Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
    sigpic

Comment

@paul: there is little steal cable look like spring that comes from e-motor to plastic grommet. if you dont have them it should be why you have problems!
      i will have to fix some small items on left rear window next week, so i would take some photos then for you!
      Audi Coupe S2 1993
      Audi V8 4.2 1993
      Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

Originally posted by valjo
        @paul: there is little steal cable look like spring that comes from e-motor to plastic grommet. if you dont have them it should be why you have problems!
        i will have to fix some small items on left rear window next week, so i would take some photos then for you!
        Ah that would make sense! It needs something to grip tighter - thanks!

Paul
        Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
        Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Oh man, that is cool. I have to have it LOL!!
          How am I evev gonna get the glass over the pond without the shipping company breaking it

Comment

This interests me a lot, but here in Spain and not seen any coupe with this option, so I think it will be impossible for you to install. It also gives me some fear that after installation there is a possible entry of water or air. Because mine in front windows lsa brought them in, and mount electrical and glass adjustment has to be very accurate, and proven many times to adjust it, but I can not let perfect to keep out any air or water.

Comment

Working...
            X