X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quaife for the 01E transmission?

Quaife,
    I want one and they don't have one.

I am running an early S2 6 speed box, I know bad 1st gear, but also have an UrS6 box. Will do change out at later date.

Now the late S2, RS2, UrS4/S6 and the newer S4s all run 01E gearboxes. The quaife website says they will make special batches. I think we could get enough people together to buy into having a special run. Of course, after our special run, Quaife will just make it an off the self item.

What is the good of having a lot of power if you can't get it all to the ground?

Now a Quaife will at least make the front two wheels drive with full intent all the time.

The Quaife World headquarters is in the UK. Anyone over there want to take a lead on this?

Greg
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

What about Peloquin? They are into VAG-stuff. Maybe they will make a series.

What about center and rear diffs? A three diff kit would be superb!

www.peloquin.com

Comment

They used to have audi listed, I planned to get one, did they give any reason why its discontinued?

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
      Quaife,
      I want one and they don't have one.

I am running an early S2 6 speed box, I know bad 1st gear, but also have an UrS6 box. Will do change out at later date.

Now the late S2, RS2, UrS4/S6 and the newer S4s all run 01E gearboxes. The quaife website says they will make special batches. I think we could get enough people together to buy into having a special run. Of course, after our special run, Quaife will just make it an off the self item.

What is the good of having a lot of power if you can't get it all to the ground?

Now a Quaife will at least make the front two wheels drive with full intent all the time.

The Quaife World headquarters is in the UK. Anyone over there want to take a lead on this?

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by AnLe
        They used to have audi listed, I planned to get one, did they give any reason why its discontinued?
        My post is old. Quaife now lists one for the NuS4T box, which is still an 01E transmission. But when I ask them on email what code gearbox it fit, the guy responding said he did not know which box it fit. That reply was from the States web site. How would you not know which box it fit, if you are selling the item?

Greg
        They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

You can be billzcat1's guinea pig for his latest creation.

http://www.billzcat1.com/develop.html

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
            My post is old. Quaife now lists one for the NuS4T box, which is still an 01E transmission. But when I ask them on email what code gearbox it fit, the guy responding said he did not know which box it fit. That reply was from the States web site. How would you not know which box it fit, if you are selling the item?

Greg

All 01e gearboxes has same front differential in all of them, got even same partnumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidshadows
              You can be billzcat1's guinea pig for his latest creation.

http://www.billzcat1.com/develop.html
              Allready booked an order
              Issam N. Abed
              iABED Industries
              iABED Email | Facebook
              The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD
                Allready booked an order
                What does this mod entail, what benefits and how much does it cost?
                Chris
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Anyone looked at the posibility of using the torsen diff unit from a Audi V8 ( w/auto transm.) rear diff? Could fit other rear diffs and maybe even front diffs?

Cheers,
                  Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ
                    Anyone looked at the posibility of using the torsen diff unit from a Audi V8 ( w/auto transm.) rear diff? Could fit other rear diffs and maybe even front diffs?

Cheers,
                    Roger

I have couple v8 torsen diffs and couple 4.11 diffs, planning to cross breed them

Herese is pic with 016 front diff and v8 rear torsen

It's not an direct replacement neiter of the front 016 or s2 rear but who can
                    spot the differences in pic?

Comment

the one on the left is cast on,the right one is a turned on much better.

RIX

Comment

any body tried to find out about QUAIFE'S Audi (Rear), A4 Quattro Audi A3 1.8 / 1.8T / Tdi ???
                        AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Comparing the specs **** on etka from a A4 S4 and a RS2 rear differential.
                          It seams they are in the same housing and to fit the Quaif from an S4 you just have to swap a few part RS2 part by S4 ones:
                          _005 409 123 to 113 517 185 C taper roller bearing
                          _005 409 737 A to 113 517 201 A adjusting washer
                          _017 525 281 A &016 409 355 to 016 409 355 Flange shaft right and left
                          Plus 088 409 359
                          also have to swap the innerconstant velocity joint to a S4 one (431 498 103 C)

This is something I 'm looking for to because LSD in the back will help a lot the handling (the power will not anymore fly away from the inner front wheel) and give a rear and drive attitude comming out of the curve.
                          RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Originally posted by AnLe
                            I have couple v8 torsen diffs and couple 4.11 diffs, planning to cross breed them

Herese is pic with 016 front diff and v8 rear torsen

It's not an direct replacement neiter of the front 016 or s2 rear but who can
                            spot the differences in pic?
                            the ring gears are different rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by puppetman
                              the ring gears are different rotation.

DING!DING!DING! yes.. also lower bearing is different.. These are only differenses between v8torsenrear and 016frontdifferential

same bearing difference is in s2 rear and v8rear.

Comment

Working...
                              X