RS2 Replica Roof Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Replica Roof Spoiler

I've just bought one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...B:EOIBSA:UK:11 off German ebay.

It looks pretty good and fits well but I'm a bit confused as to how to fit it. The ebay advert says to fit it with self adhesive pads. Where do I get these pads and is this a sensible way to fit it to a car that can do 150 mph? It'll look cool when it's fitted but might not look quite so cool if the pads let go and it falls off.

Any hints and tips would be most welcome

Cheers

David
    1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
    1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
    1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Just use badge tape to hold it on with a couple of blobs of sikaflex for piece of mind!
    Shouldn't get too much pressure there at 150 mph anyway,, I fancy one for mine.
    Nice,,
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

I have one on mine, looks exactly the same on the car as in the pic on the auction.

Comment

When you fit it, could you make some nice close pics? Im really interested to see if it fits perfectly on?
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I bought one this summer while traveling in Germany that came with a tube of black windscreen adhesive. I'm debating over using it or not. Once it's on it definitely isn't coming off easily. I've wondered if foam two-sided tape would hold it in place at speed. I think the area above the hatch is low pressure??

Drilling a small hole to place the wiring for the brake light is also required.......something else I really would rather not do to my beloved avant.

I've test fitted it to the top of the hatch and it seems like a perfect fit.

Comment

I snapped a few pics of the spoiler this morning. They were taken pre-coffee so they're not the best. I took a couple of the spoiler stuck on my car with a couple of globs of butyl tape. The fit is a little off, but I should be able to get a tighter fit with a some sanding in the right spots.

A tube of Sikaflex 290DC was supplied along with TUV documentation that states Votex is the manufacturer.

Last edited by saltinot; 22 March 2007, 15:34.

Comment

a couple more......

Comment

I fitted mine yesterday! Looks amazing
                i didnt want to drill a hole for the cable i just put it in the gap between trunk and roof.
                Mine where a bit off but some sanding made it just fine.

Comment

What did you attach it with?

Comment

Some kind of body silicone like sikaflex.

Comment

The previous owner apparently used the Sikaflex. Destroyed the my rear hatch when he removed it too. After seeing this you can understand why I'm a little skittish about attaching the spoiler. I've bought a replacement hatch that will go on before I respray the car.

Comment

I dont want this to happen
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...948329a895.htm

Comment

seld adhesive pads wont be able to keep it on.you must use special strong glue.It will never come off,but it will sure do the job!

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                            A tube of Sikaflex 290DC was supplied along with TUV documentation that states Votex is the manufacturer.
                            No tube of Sikaflex with mine. Did you buy yours from the same place as me?

Cheers

David
                            1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
                            1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
                            1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Comment

Originally posted by waveydavey View Post
                              No tube of Sikaflex with mine. Did you buy yours from the same place as me?
                              Where did you get yours again?

I bought mine new from a friend in Germany. I'll have to look at the "From:" on the package tomorrow to find out who he bought it from.

Comment

Working...
                              X