Just won these on ebay....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just won these on ebay....

Stuck in a cheeky bid on Ebay, and only bloody won them....Now the question is are they going on the S2? Or my Touran

Oh yeah, they are brand new and never been mounted on a car, brand new pads and brand new discs....

The disc's are useless to me tho, as they are 5x130's..

Comment

Congrats... go on how much (or little) did you pay? WARNING very boring question now WARNING very boring question now WARNING
      How is the Touran? Which model have you got? Pleased with it? Any probs? CheeRS Al
      S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
        Congrats... go on how much (or little) did you pay? WARNING very boring question now WARNING very boring question now WARNING
        How is the Touran? Which model have you got? Pleased with it? Any probs? CheeRS Al
        £450 inc shipping... The pads alone are almost £100, and there are a set on ebay just now for £600 plus shipping and they are 25k miles old, so the pads will need replacing.

The Touran...I love it...I have the 1.9 TDI SE...and to be honest if I was buying just now I would be looking at the 2.0 (140 or 170BHP) with the DSG gearbox...Pricey new, but used one's are popping up for good prices. The 105BHP TDI is a little underpowered, but I plan on getting it remapped to 150BHP. I have one of those cheapo tuning chips in it, so it should be 125/130 just now...
        Never drops below 42MPG, most I have got out of a tank is 695 miles has the entertainment pack with DVD etc.... Had it for a year, and it does everything we ask of it, never let us down and it seems to be holding it's value well...

You thinking of buying one?

Comment

Yep was looking at replacing our Galaxy thats been brilliant but has had a few minor niggles but is now just shy of 160k. Was looking at new a newer Galaxy mk2, alhambra or sharan preferably turbo diesel this time but noticed the touran was coming down in price. Is yours the 7 or 5 seat one?
          S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

oh christ. is there not a people carrier forum for this chat?
            [disclaimer - i'm joking. honest. ask stevie (dubbedup)]

Stevie unless you get the 210bhp touran i'd say stick them on the S2. but what do I know? I'm just a guy with 2 broken s2s and 2 lockups 200 yards apart. upgraded brakes aren't on the horizon just yet.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            1990 CQ20v
            2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Nice buy for the price considering they're new, just need the rest of the bits now.

Comment

Yep was looking at replacing our Galaxy thats been brilliant but has had a few minor niggles but is now just shy of 160k. Was looking at new a newer Galaxy mk2, alhambra or sharan preferably turbo diesel this time but noticed the touran was coming down in price. Is yours the 7 or 5 seat one?
                It's the 7 seat, but it has only been a 7 seater once, on the airport run...

Only thing is, the 7 seater does not have a spare...not even a space saver, so you need to get the can o foam...

Honest mate, great car, but go for the 2.0, the extra power and torque is needed...

If you can stretch to it the 170bhp with the DSG gearbox, is the daddy, and a remap can get it to 215/220 bhp.... with silly torque figures..

Comment

Originally posted by fourcircle View Post
                  oh christ. is there not a people carrier forum for this chat?
                  [disclaimer - i'm joking. honest. ask stevie (dubbedup)]

Stevie unless you get the 210bhp touran i'd say stick them on the S2. but what do I know? I'm just a guy with 2 broken s2s and 2 lockups 200 yards apart. upgraded brakes aren't on the horizon just yet.
                  There is a Touran forum...

www.clubtouran.net

Comment

Oh and these Ran's are floating my boat just now...

And

Comment

Its sad i know but they look er`GOOD` and will look into these now (especially after those pics ... you modded yours at all?

Comment

Its sad i know but they look er`GOOD` and will look into these now (especially after those pics ... you modded yours at all?
                        They look amazing mate, I love the shape..and they were never oficially released in the USA, so a little bit of kudos over the yanks

Got a debadged front grill on order and should be looking at some 19" RS4 reps, but maybe 18's.. Going to debadge the back, and tint the windows...My next service is free at the dealers, but after that I am getting it serviced at a local independant, and I will get him to put on 40mm lowering springs..

Really practical as well, all the seats can come out and it converts into a van...

Only thing is and if you look on the touran forum, some people have had problems with the Aux Heater. If the temperature drops below 5 degrees, a little webasto heater kicks in and helps warm up the coolant to the heater matrix, especially in the rear. It's a little diesel heater with a exhaust under the car. In the winter especially if it's damp the little heater kicks out alot of heat and the amount of smoke (condensation) it gives out can look as if the car is on fire....I know I almost bailed the family out of the car first time I seen it... But it should have been sorted out under a recall.

Comment

That black one on the BBS lms NICE I can see the missus in that doing the school run without too many complaints How much do you reckon thats dropped and wheel size? -60mm or 100mm? 19"s?

Comment

Not good about the heater, nice pictures tho. Gotta be 19's to really fill the arches.

Comment

They look like 19's and alot of the Jap guys are running coilovers as well...But yeah that looks like at least a 80/100 mm drop...Looks amazing, but not practical at all...

Comment

Working...
                              X