Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY to ADU conversion

Hi,

I already asked a few questions (http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23338) about what changes are needed to get my ABY into ADU specs and run standard RS2 software (later on MTM RS2 software).

I know the R201 resistor in the ECU needs to be changed into a 5k6 Ohm one to handle the fuel mixture with the RS2 injectors with the 3 bar MAP sensor.

I also want to fit the ADU cams, but read on a few forums the cam markings are not equal to the ABY ones and the cam wheel needs to be shifted 1 tooth to the left. See also attached picture.

Is this thrue while I leave my ABY waterpump in place, or should I stick to the markings on the ADU cams?
    Attached Files

Bram, did you solve this?
    Owner of www.audiScars.lv
    ex-Audi S2 Coupe '96
    ex-Audi S2 Coupe '93
    ex-Audi S2 Coupe '91

Comment

Yes, the cam timing does not change when you use a different water pump. As long as you time it up from the start it will work as it is unrelated to the length of the timing belt. Just keep on using the 1 tooth advanced (see picture above) on any ADU (RS2) cams and cam wheel setup, independent of the water pump used.

Comment

It's more like half a tooth with RS2 water pump actually. And it's retarded, not advanced. The cam timing does change depending on water pump.

Functional RS2 differences are quickly listed and I think they have been listed here many many many times already: EM, turbo, exhaust cam, cam wheel, water pump, injectors, fuel pressure reg, IM (visual difference only, no functional), MAF (mesh difference only, yet to be 100% confirmed), intercooler, downpipe, ecu.

MAP sensor has nothing to do with fuelling btw.
        -

Comment

Yeah I changed to RS2 pump when I did the belt and setup the timing as shown and car drives better now than it did before
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I hope the pump on that engine i brought hasnt a rs2 pump on it it said it did but im sure it had the same amount of teeth as my old pump. .. Something to check next week lol..

Comment

Dont have to count teeth easy to tell from the wheel, RS2 wheel has 4 holes in it in comparison to the ABY wheel

Comment

i have recently upgrated my aby to adu. you could found more details in my threat
                Audi Coupe S2 1993
                Audi V8 4.2 1993
                Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

Working...
                X