My new baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new baby

Thought i better start a build up/project thred!
    I bought the car about three weeks ago now off AndyP's brother. I'm really happy with how it is for the moment.
    This is what it looked like when i got it.

I got a new set of wheels for it a week after i got it as i wanted 18" to fill the arches so on went the RS4 18" covered in toyo proxes T1S's. Now it stick's to the road well.

These are the only pics i've got of it so far
    Plus they are of a crappy camara phone

I had a full service done on friday had the diff oil changed and gear box oil plus all filters and plugs done that left a big hole in the wallet but it was worth it
    But so far in the pipe line i've got it booked in a week on sat for a 2.75" Stainless Steel Cat back system 304 grade steel. So i can hear that 5 cylinder roar.
    I'm off to Coreys on sat to pick up the caliper carriers to fitt the 996/323mm set up then getting it chipped soon if i can get a good place to do it?
    Anybody recomend anywhere in yorkshire ish?
    Plus just waiting for my Aero wiper kit's to arrive got a front set and the rear on it's way fron germany.
    Got a boost gauge to fit when my pod arrives from s2avant (cheers ben)

So far it seem to be going well i'd say got a lot to be getting on with, on the car so should keep me out of trouble for a bit

Let me know what you think don't be shy
    Just some finishing touches to do now

Speak to paul/s2central about a homefries chip you won't be dissapointed and he's quick at sorting them out, iirc he sometimes lends an ecu out whilst yours is being done. Car's coming along nicely, you going for the rear brake upgrade once you've got the fronts done?

Comment

Yeah but prob not till next year money seems to be going fast on it at the moment. Then again santa might be realy nice to me you never know

Comment

Yeah money seems to go very quick on one of these cars

Comment

What kind of bhp do you get after its been chipped i got told that superchip only take it to 260ish and mrctunning say they can do 280bhp. It a ABY

Comment

From what i've heard I would not go near superchip's. If you check out the thread for weston's rolling road meet there is the results there, iirc there was a few cars running homefries or you could just search for homefries.

IIRC something like 280bhp and 400ish of torque.

Cheaper and alot better than superchips. Not sure about mrc, think thats custom remap's which cost more but tailored to your car. (homefries £200ish IIRC)

Comment

Hi Lee,
              Car looks good!
              I am in Rawdon if you need any other work doing.(soon to be in my new massoove new workshop in Otley.)
              Get some homefries! you will need the chip sockets fitting to your ecu (the originals chips are solderd in. sockets let you change chips in minutes!
              Rob..
              94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
              87 UR 20v ABY
              97 S6 Avant
              96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
              1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

If you get a superchip I will hunt you down and take away your S2 keys................

Comment

Nice car! Who's the woman in the front seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                    If you get a superchip I will hunt you down and take away your S2 keys................
                    Lol I didn't want to go this far but everything i've heard about superchips has not been good. Big lee M I think if you asked most people on this forum about chipping your car they'd all say go to paul or MRC as you won't regret it, they know what they are doing with these cars. Not sure if superchips could say that.

Comment

@GT500 Im only down the road from you @Farsley Do you own a garage? If you do i think you will know my girlfriends dad? He owns economy spares @ Yeadon and Economy tyres?So i get things at a very good price
                      Would you be able to put in the chip sockets or would Paul/S2central do that?
                      I think i saw your car @ the Leeds VW show

Thanks for the replys on the chipping business think i will contact Paul/S2central about it.Cheers Acidburn.

@Daisfunky The women in the front is my better half as she would say(just girlfriend, NOT MARRIED)

It's ok Jamo i willl keep away from Superchip

Comment

Yes I own/run my own business, mainly doing race cars. I get to do many Audis with having owned/run them for so long.

I do know your outlaws place on Henshaw lane. My workshop is in Bradford at the moment, but new premises are in Otley.
                        Was me and the wife at Harewood.

If Paul can get your sockets done then great, my man is a mail it down to him at back exercise, I don't trust anyone local to do it!
                        Rob..
                        94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                        87 UR 20v ABY
                        97 S6 Avant
                        96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                        1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Well been to Corey's today and picked up my new carriers for the brakes
                          But while i was there i managed to spend a load more cash . In the end up i bought a set of porsche calipers from him fully refurbed and in my colour choice?????????? Plus i have a little boost leak as Corey spotted for me when he took the car out to see what it was like(with me been new to these kind of cars ) But that will be sorted as i ordered a set of his boost hose kit in the same colour as the calipers.
                          Corey is a top bloke and has a lot of time for people. I can see me been there in the future quite often buying things for the car and getting things done
                          Hopefully the rear brake kit will be getting sorted over the winter or maybe sooner thanks to Corey.

Comment

Nice to meet you and your brother earlier Lee but you really need to convince your brother to go down the Audi route
                            Glad you enjoyed popping over and we look forward to helping your project.
                            Corey
                            01636 822288

Comment

@ Corey i was working on that on the way home but, i think he's going to go newer like A4 2.5 TDI sort of thing but he said on the way out of yours he doesn't know what to do, now?????

Comment

Working...
                              X