Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed!!!!

Hi all.

Siena (Vagsport) has been in touch - my car is back together, but idling at 5-600 rpm which could be down to either the bigger RS2 injectors or the 7a camshaft (which I reckon is the cause). Black smoke out the back (running well rich) so I need it mapping ASAP!

Anything else that can be tried/done to get it driving at least for a short while until it can be remapped?

Anyone got an RS2 ECU knocking about (heh, likelihood of that.. doh..) that I can put in with a basic map to get it going?

Alternatively, Paul N/Mihnea, is there anything you can do if I get the ECU posted to you for a basic map?

So close, yet so far! Gotta get the thing back up to Leeds yet. Right now it's looking like train down, ring AA, go back on a trailer and wait for Mihnea to be able to come over :S

Vagsport says he can't get onto the web cause his computers' knackered, so I'm doing the asking/praying.

Any ideas, anyone?

Cheers, Paul
    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Sorry to hear about the hassle mate

If I were you I'd do the AA thing and get it back home, at least you have it then rather than worrying about it and it being hundreds of miles away.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
    Last edited by Dr H; 7 March 2004, 16:30.
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Cheers Leigh. I remain hopeful that I can find a solution where I can drive the fecker back, even if it means I have to buy an RS2 ECU from somewhere.

So anybody know where I can buy an RS2 ECU in the next few days?

I also need a brick wall. One preferably without plaster or wallpaper on it, which I can butt my head into repeatedly. Good prices paid.

PJ

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

The rs2 injectors will cause the car to overfuel hence the black smoke.
        If you need to drive it why not put the s2 injectors back in until nearer the time of remap?
        Theyre not that hard to swap, maybe a local mechanic could put them back in ?

Comment

That's exactly what I suggested to Siena. He said something about knackering the O ring seals on the RS2 jobs. Fook it, even if if I have to buy more new injectors, if it gets the car back and I can't get any other solution, that's what I'll do. Thanks for the confirmation (still hoping on the mapping/rs2 ecu/brick wall bits too though!)

Cheers, Paul

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

I got new injector inserts and o rings for mine (planning to clean up the IM) from VAGParts. £6 for 5 inserts and about £4.75 for 5 seals. Price for RS2 can't be that different.

AFAIK injectors just push in so they can't be that difficult to change.

HTH
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Cheers m8 - that's £250 saved then. By the way, you have personal mail.

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Paul, if you put a tiny dab of oil on the injector seals they push in quite easily, dont take long to change.

martin

Comment

RS2 injector inserts £2.00 each
                  injectors £300 ish for 5
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

You should still be able to drive it up the road with it running rich. I drove my car 300 miles on my big injectors without it mapped. Just take it easy driving.
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Dont think its the injectors mate! I had exactly the same setup minus the cams and it idled fine and drove fine on light throttle, only overfuelled when you nailed it. I suspect the cams are causing this due to the increased duration and higher lift, hence the black smoke. Either that or something is not right with another sensor on the car, ie coolant temp sender. Giving it cold start enrichment all the time? Any fault codes?

Best thing to do is get Paul N or Mihnea to send you some generic maps on low boost for now just to get you running ok-ish.

It never rains but it pours.

HTH
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

The S2 chips you have will overfuel using the RS2 injectors, but it should be driveable - if rather rich of course.

Stupid question, but has the 7A cam been timed correctly ?

Is it showing any fault codes - maybe a loose connector after the rebuild ?

Please don't waste time and money looking for an official RS2 ECU - I can upgrade any S2 or S4/S6 item into RS2 mode with some component changes. Easy !

Cheers,

Paul

PS - You have PMs also, but if you need me to get 'hands on' with the car then I probably can at the weekend - errrrr maybe - hold that thought ! Possibly a family trip to sunny Leeds is on the cards ?
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Siena (Vagsport) says it's been timed right. Unfortunately, getting hold of him is never easy, but I'll try to get him to pull fault codes off, or do it myself when I get to the car. The safest option would be to get the AA to trailer it back, though I'll see how it drives when I get there. At 7 in the morning. After a 12 hour night shift and drive from Leeds to Essex.

Thanks for your ongoing help guys!

I'm off to soak my head in petrol...

PJ

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Paul,
                            This could get you out of trouble:

http://www.prezzybox.com/?TID=900&To...ex.asp?ID=2625

It comes with a charger in case you break down & puts out 1.2hp - probably quicker than yours ?
                            Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

I like it! I might order one now whilst mines off the road at least it would get me work reliably!
                              Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                              X