Aluminium snub mount kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminium snub mount kit

Continuation from the Sport Quattro thread...

Cheers to Ben for the original work and Al for CNCing my design.

After fitting the "S2Avant Sport quattro snub mount" (tm) I've designed and had made a prototype mount of my own to address a few fitting issues that I experienced with the modified Spq mount. There seems to have been some interest so I'm just gauging demand for something like this as there are plenty of kits available elsewhere. I'm currently looking to find a poly bush to use with it and might tweak the design to make it work with the aux. radiator.

If you're interested then please PM or register below.

The part is machined from billet 6082 T6 and can be anodised any colour to toughen it up, it will be plenty strong enough for this application and is lighter than some steel items.

Fitting requires removal of the cross member and approx. 10mm to be removed from the engine side mount and it can all be a bit tight when you put it back together but it's worth it. Driveline shunt is reduced for little change in vibration and noise.

If you're intersted then please let me know, price should be comparable with other kits but numbers will be limited to begin with.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Am interested. If the price is right, I'll have one.
    RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
      Fitting requires removal of the cross member and approx. 10mm to be removed from the engine side mount and it can all be a bit tight when you put it back together but it's worth it.
      Hi Andy,

As you know I am interested as I need to change mine anyway, but I am a tad concerned over the removal of 10mm of mount. Can you maybe expand on this or post a picture to ease my mind.

Cheers n

Si
      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

I am interested as well providing price is right and it could be done as a straight bolt on kit (apart from the 10mm that you mention needing removing) i.e. mount kit and snub mount.

Comment

I'm interested if the price is right.

I assume the part about removing 10mm is only for ABY owners? The SQ version fit my 7A perfectly without any modifications.
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

^^ and no mods for a 3b on the original SQ mount
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Sorry Si, I used a hacksaw! This is to provide a bit more clearance and make installation easier. The spq mount fitted without removing the material but it was toit like a toiger!

Once I've done a bit of a trial run I'll report back. Got a Superflex bush on the way too...
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I'm interested too. Nice work Andy.
                SS

Comment

You'll get to see the prototype this weekend. Hoping that the Superflex snub mount fits too (it's off a mk.1 Golf...) All in all this should be proper pimp!
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

You'll get to see the prototype this weekend. Hoping that the Superflex snub mount fits too (it's off a mk.1 Golf...) All in all this should be proper pimp!
                    looking forward to seeing this, it should complement the baco foil under your bonnet, you going to clean up the rest of the engine bay to go with it

Can you say what the improvement over the sport snub mount is compared to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                      looking forward to seeing this, it should complement the baco foil under your bonnet, you going to clean up the rest of the engine bay to go with it

Can you say what the improvement over the sport snub mount is compared to this.
                      It'll just fit better TBH. Performance will be the same although I might be able to tighten things up a bit and CNC tolerance is about +/-0.25mm compared to god knows what on the bent and welded spq mount.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I've fitted the Aluminium and it works a treat. There's no need for the backing plate, so no need to remove any material from the engine snub bracket as I originally thought and the fit is improved due to the better design. I'm trying to find a poly bush to work with this but the version that works with the OE bush is schweet!

Does not currently fit with the Aux rad mounts but I might be able to look into this on a friend's car soon enough. Or the OE bracket might fit behind the new mount...

£65 delivered for the OE bush compatible / no Aux rad Aluminium mount (bare aluminium) and hardware, PM me if you want one.

First come first served, first run will be for 5.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I've fitted the Aluminium and it works a treat. There's no need for the backing plate, so no need to remove any material from the engine snub bracket as I originally thought and the fit is improved due to the better design. I'm trying to find a poly bush to work with this but the version that works with the OE bush is schweet!

Does not currently fit with the Aux rad mounts but I might be able to look into this on a friend's car soon enough. Or the OE bracket might fit behind the new mount...

£65 delivered for the OE bush compatible / no Aux rad Aluminium mount (bare aluminium) and hardware, PM me if you want one.

First come first served, first run will be for 5.
                          I'd be interested if you can get it to work with the aux rad mounts.

Comment

See what I can do, easiest thing will be to use the existing bracket.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Count me in for one, again if you can get it to work with the aux rad mount.

CHeers
                              RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Working...
                              X