Anthracite Dezent Alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthracite Dezent Alloys

Right, having decided that this was he way forward I've been to chavfords and got the stuff to sort this out. Just to see if I like it ofr not I've done a fairly rushed job on one wheel as there's no point preparing all of them in a certain way if it looks crap!

Anyway, a couple or pics, I'm going to redo this wheel and all the others to match, fairly pleased with the look, certaily a fair bit different to the original silver.

With the centre caps.

Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Looks good andy!
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Yep, looks sound, either Anthracite or gloss black would look good against the white car. Easy on the overspray on the tyres tho..

I ended up getting a Rover anthracite from Halfords for outer edge of front grill, just v v slightly different tone to my Scooby anthracite Avus 18's but not enought to worry about. (apart from the fact i know that colour should belong on a Rover )

Comment

They didn't have the Rover Gunmetal colour so I've gone for a Ford colour! Black was my thoughts but I've bought the paint now so I'm going to stick with it

Overspray doesn't matter as the tyres are properly shot and need replacing at some point. Got the new tyres on the OZs for now so going to be a while before I get some.
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
          They didn't have the Rover Gunmetal colour so I've gone for a Ford colour!
          I know....i bought the last one EVER! No seriously, that was the 2 i was caught choosing between, really not much in it..

I notice you're looking at those Kamei style grills as well, dont bother, what about doing what i did and spray outer edge (poss Audi rings as well) of grill same colour as wheels? I'll get a pic if u want, or you could even borrow mine see what it looked like..

Comment

They look good to me matey
            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Spraying the ageing chrome and rings sounds like a good plan. I think I'll do them black though. Was thinking about de-badging the S2 as it's a bit over badged for my liking () but then rea;ised that they're cool badges so I think some new badges are required to freshen it up.
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

You could do your lights like s2_bo's etc if thats your thing, they seem to work well blackened on a white car.

Comment

Often thought about doing that but decided against it for now. Looks good on dark cars but I'm not a fan on white, just my opinion though.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Nice colour not sure about the Porka badges, the actual badge looks a little big for the centre cap.

I think the anthracite wheels will set the car off a treat though. Black rings and black or anthracite chrome should work too...

Cheers,

Steve.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

*I give up*

Comment

My ex coupe with black lights:
                        http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2323/...c70ed7ae_o.jpg
                        Now quattro less, my urs4 stolen 13.8

Comment

told you anthracite was the way fwd look really good
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by quattro20v View Post
                            They look sweet BUT having just had the rear lights repaced by the bodyshop I think I'll leave them in for now

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            *I give up*
                            Give up on what? You're not the only one who can have a pimp looking car son

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                            Nice colour not sure about the Porka badges, the actual badge looks a little big for the centre cap.

I think the anthracite wheels will set the car off a treat though. Black rings and black or anthracite chrome should work too...
                            The badges are black... I've thought about painting the wheels black to match (with gold lips... ... maybe not!). They look OK but I know what you mean, no chance of matching the colours though so I'll just have to have to put up with it for now. They're a perfect fit though

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                            told you anthracite was the way fwd look really good
                            I like them, just got to look at the lips and see if I can get them polished up or whether I'm just going to paint them. Got the redo the wheel pictured as it was just a tester to see how it looked.

I think the OZs are going to get the paint treatment... alpinweiss this time though
                            Last edited by Rusty; 21 March 2008, 11:57.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

All done, here's the car as it now looks, the rideheight is a bit out as this was at the same time that I stripped 100+Kg out of the boot / interior :-

Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                              X