No announcement yet.

For Sale: MTM RS2 Cup 1 18" Wheels....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: MTM RS2 Cup 1 18" Wheels....

As I'm now engaged and saving for a wedding next year, I've decided I should look into selling my rather nice set of four ultra rare Cup 1 18" MTM RS2 alloy wheels.

The wheels were a special order available only from MTM tuning in Germany.
    Wheel 8,5 x 18“ in 5-spoke or Porsche-design without tyres piece / kit € 664,68 each or € 2.658,72 set 4. So they cost about £2,136.28 new at today's conversion rate. Their price list can be downloaded here for reference...
    http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.ph...=AU&modell=RS2

As far as I know, there are only two sets of these wheels around with the other belonging to GT500...

The wheels have been recently professionally refurbished and are in immaculate condition. They're possibly the best after market wheel for the RS2 as they retain an OEM feel whilst seriously upping the looks and performance.

I've found that these wheels also offer a marked improvement in steering response, turn in is much faster, - the car becomes much more pointy and direct. As you might expect, there is also a huge amount of additional grip available when compared to the original 17" wheels running 225 tyres. The additional width also improves the steering wheel 'weight' and feel when driving.

The Cup1's have 245/35/18 tyres fitted although to be clear, these will need replacing in the near future with maybe 1000 miles left, depending on how you drive. They also have brand new concave black and silver Porsche centre caps fitted which look awesome. Worth adding that these wheels/tyres also bolt straight on without any modification required.

I would be prepared to accept £1200 for the wheels and naturally recommend pick up in person.

Photos to follow...........
    RS2+ (now sold...)

Pictures....

Sorry 'bout the car/wheels being rather filthy, haven't had time to clean it!
    Attached Files
    RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Picture

Another picture....
      Attached Files
      RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Another picture....
        Attached Files
        RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Sorry to say that one of the wheels is no longer perfect. My fiancé recently scuffed one of them against the kerb and it will now need re-painting/powder coating to make it perfect again.

As a result, I'm prepared to accept £1,100 for them as it will cost about £50 to bring this one back to perfection....
          Last edited by Lloyd; 23 April 2008, 20:13.
          RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

I never knew mtm had something to do with those wheels...
            I always thought they were just a limited run on the rs2's as summer wheels...
            anton out here has a set too for his rs2 coupe project...
            I'd sure love a set as they are my favorite wheel in the world, but just too expensive to get them here on these shores...(I've even debated getting a set of the 2 piece rh's and welding the lips together and cleaning it up to get the same look ---it'll never happen though----

possibly tom with rs2 america project could use them too

Comment

Sold, subject to offer going through...
              RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

18" Boolahs!

I Hope your having a good weekend Lloyd, ill be up next week to collect them!

Comment

Working...
                X