Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Mark catch tank

Hi Mark
    i bought a catch tank yesterday, i have read the thread for the catch tank but if it is easy for you i would like some pics showing where the two hoses from the tank are connected on the engine. Also if you have a pic of the valve that stays disconnect so as it is always closed. Thanks Nick

Nick,
    I'll sort out or take some photos, and post them, I'm not sure what you mean by the valve that stays closed though?

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

Comment

Nick,
      basically I removed ALL of the breather hoses from the engine, the catch tank came with two inlets and a breatherable cap to vent the crankcase fumes from.
      One of the hoses is connected to the LOWER connection on the rear of the cam cover, dont worry about the top connection as I explained in the other thread that this is just a transfer pipe to the intake boot.

Cam cover connection here:
      Attached Files
      Mark - Modded

Comment

The second hose connects to the side of the block via the short rubber connection to the outlet on the side of the block, I dont have a closer picture of this, but I think Doug has, showing how he made the connection.
        Attached Files
        Mark - Modded

Comment

The oil drain comes out of the bottom of the tank and joins the sunp via a modified sump plug.
          Attached Files
          Mark - Modded

Comment

The modified sump plug, Doug did it by using a modified Fumotu valve:
            Attached Files
            Mark - Modded

Comment

The tank originally came with a breatherable cap like this:
              Attached Files
              Mark - Modded

Comment

But I found that the crankcase fumes were getting into the car through the ventilation system so they are now carried by another pipe to outside of the engine bay, when I get the new engine in I will install a venturi type connection into the downpipe like Bigtoe mentioned in the other thread, and vent them through that.
                Attached Files
                Mark - Modded

Comment

I copied Marks catch tank install.

I blocked the pipe at the back of the block that goes to the metal breather pipe you remove. It's connected to a valve - can't remember what it is?

The way I connected it to the block was to keep the rubber hose on the end of the metal block connection. I think it is about 30mm inside diameter. I got a 30mm ali rod and cut it so it was about 25mm long. Drilled a hole down the centre and tapped it. I could then scew in a threaded JIC adapter.
                  Attached Files
                  S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

The head connection - I cut off the larger diameter pipe that comes out the back of the head - the front pipe just twists off.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I modified a fumoto valve so it could be locked in the open postion - so you now have to lift the lever and turn to close. I also threaded the end and put on another threaded JIC adapter:
                      Attached Files

Comment

And the catch tank. I've not noticed the fumes in the car - I had ran it for 400miles - ithere was oil deposits on top of the tank ao I am going to put on a filter on top of the catch tank. Mark has pointed out to me though, you have to be careful the filter does not clog with oil as it will not be able to breath.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mark, Doug , Thanks a ton for the photos! Maybe i will try to do the exhaust trick also !

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Psaltakis
                            Maybe i will try to do the exhaust trick also !
                            Definitely give it a go - I'm planning on doing that after I see how Mark gets on with his.

Comment

Mark thanks for the pics...excellent catch can.
                              I like your downpipe for the wastegate cocked to the side.
                              Issam N. Abed
                              iABED Industries
                              iABED Email | Facebook
                              The build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X