Error404's Coupe Quattro Resto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error404's Coupe Quattro Resto!

Further to the teaser thread, here is the work Alex (Error404) and I completed on Sunday.

I did the exterior while Alex sweated like a pig doing the interior ALL day

I won't go into great detail on the write up and let the pics do the talking.

It was the usual scenario:
    • Wash
    • Clay
    • Inspect
    • Test
    • Polish
    • Cleanse
    • Wax

The car was in a shock state when it arrived with highly swirled and scratched paint, including some "cloudy" areas, particularly the roof which we think may have been caused by a car cover. The car had apparently been standing for a long time before Alex bought it. I also suspect it had been covered in bird droppings for a long time, as these had etched their way deep into the paint and could not be removed completely.

Car on arrival:

50:50 Half completed:

50:50 on Bonnet:

The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Completed Interior:

The Perfectionist
      sigpic

Comment

A very very clean and tidy badge, perfectly hand polished using cotton buds by Alex...

My Favourite shot of the day:

Thanks to Alex for driving down to see me, and for his hard work throughout the day. He was a very willing victim!

Questions and comments welcome!

Cheers,

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic

Comment

Awesome!

I can always appreciate a solid days work detailing, but the results are even more stunning because the car was in a pretty bad state to start with

Good job lads.

p.s G220 on order Steve
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Thanks Andy!

You won't look back when you get it!

Yes, that was a VERY satisfying detail: From Scrapyard to Show'n'shine!
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic

Comment

Outside the box thinking or off the wall?

Do you want to fly to Dublin for a weekend to do mine ?

Brilliant as ever !

Kind regards.

Comment

looks ace Steve, can't believe the difference your skills have made to the car! Its
                Panthero is an amazing colour seen as it should be

With a bit more tidying it should look like new. Can't wait to get my new front end on now amd realign those bloody doors properly!

thanks again mate

BTW: Here is a few of the car when i first bought it last August:

Well on the way to a full recovery now!
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

No wonder you spent all day on the interior!

Well done for putting the avus alloys on, those other ones looks pretty nasty.
                  S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

They certainly do - the Speedlines were in a shocking state. When i sold my other 20v, the guy who bought it wanted the multispokes i had waiting to go on the CQ - we agreed £200 for them and 2 days later I was down at Sal's worhshop handing it over in exchnage for a good set of Avus and some 5 x 112 hubs

All ready for some Monos now too - couldn't have worked out better!!
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Looks good from here, nice work the pair of ya!
                      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

ERROR... congrats for all that job! nice nice nice coupe! hehe but... take out those P6000 tires PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! put 'em some toyo or yokohama or a Pzero nero!
                        - Looking for a S2
                        - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                        - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

btw... your car is exactly like mine in the interior, extras... but mine was NM powered and is not black on the exterior.. is that kinda of blue and gray hehe soon with the avus too! peace!!!!
                          - Looking for a S2
                          - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                          - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

He he - thanks mate
                            I'm trying my hardest to kill the P6000s but they were on the Avus when i got them and there was 6mm+ of tread left so thought i'd get my use out of them..... to be honest i'm not trying to corner hard at the moment since all my bushes feel like they are made of jelly anyway!
                            I want some nice wide DTM type 17s for day to day use and fit the Avus with some cut slicks for track usage once day
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                            X