Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dalback sell flanges Audi/vw flanges now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalback sell flanges Audi/vw flanges now...

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english/newtop.asp?Description=Flanches&key=1082591894754

I'm in heaven now.. :-)

3inch downpipe is a piece of cake now... F#ck yah!!!!!!
    Last edited by Josh-stateside; 22 April 2004, 02:00.
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

That is an excellent find - they do flanges to make up custom oil lines to the turbo - you can even use these as spacers for the K27 upgrades.

APNess - you can use these on your car.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Thanks Doug - still waiting on Tom, and had a company in Leeds quote £9.50+vat each for 6 off, though with a 14 day lead time and pay up front. Tried 4 other companies, including one Leigh suggested in Sheffield, and no one wanted to know.

The bodge is still holding (no oil leaks) but would like to do a proper job when I get the spacer. Forge motorsport did a spacer with a threaded pipe connector like what you made for £35 +vat for use with custom oil lines. That's another alternative, though it was made for a garrett I think so not quite sure if it would fit.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/pro...duct=FMMIS129C
      'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Paul - I have those forge adpaters and they don't fit - the holes spacing are different.

I tried to order some flanges today from Dahlback - but their online payment thing failed - I'll let you know how long they take.

Comment

Tom - I don't need any flanges made now.

Comment

Originally posted by APNess
            Thanks Doug - still waiting on Tom, and had a company in Leeds quote £9.50+vat each for 6 off, though with a 14 day lead time and pay up front. Tried 4 other companies, including one Leigh suggested in Sheffield, and no one wanted to know.

The bodge is still holding (no oil leaks) but would like to do a proper job when I get the spacer. Forge motorsport did a spacer with a threaded pipe connector like what you made for £35 +vat for use with custom oil lines. That's another alternative, though it was made for a garrett I think so not quite sure if it would fit.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/pro...duct=FMMIS129C
            Paul,

What's the bodge? show me on Saturday and I will make you an adaptor.
            Corey
            01636 822288

Comment

Gents, if you need some custom flanges made then let me know as I know the guys at Forge very well
              S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Paul - Hehehe NOW you tell us

Corey - it's the flange from an old oil feed pipe, filed and with a gasket both sides. *Seems* to be working - so far. Just uses the standard oil feed pipe from an ABY (or ADU - not sure - def different from 3B though). Just need the spacer to do a 'proper' job - that, or keep praying it holds.
                Last edited by APNess; 23 April 2004, 06:14.

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Gents, If someone wants to send me one in the post then I can get some sorted asap
                  S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Paul - the spacer I'm bodging with right now is the flange cut off an oil feed pipe as shown in the picture. Filed to smooth any scratches out, couple of oil feed gaskets (0345 145 773 D) on either side and a dab of gasket sealant. They need to be that shape for the water feed pipe to go over the top of it (I tried a flat piece of steel with holes drilled - no luck) and around 8mm deep, just so the standard oil feed pipe goes over the bigger compressor housing, though I dare say you know all that, being the guru o parts that you are

Anyone who gets a turbo with a cold side bigger than a K26 will need one of these unless they want to go down a more expensive route of custom oil pipes like Doug has done.

PJ
                    Attached Files

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

I cant get the darn link to work. Can someone repost it or tell me where to find it on their website. Or better yet, post the prices. I have a cad drawing of the flange and have been getting them waterjet cut, and want to see if the dahlback method is more cost effective.
                      Thanks
                      Hans

Comment

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english...=1082591894754

Comment

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/SearchP...o&LanguageID=1

And then pull down menu >flanches

Comment

Does anyone know if they are mild or ss?

Comment

@Josh: Great tip! I had no clue that he was selling flanges. Now I don't have to cut my old downpipe to pieces when building the new one!
                              Red cars are the fastest ones...
                              - Team Irry -

Comment

Working...
                              X