Brackets for rs2 rear brake upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brackets for rs2 rear brake upgrade

is there any interest for bying bracets for rs2 rear brake upgrade?
    I have only manufactured for my self.
    If there is interest i vill start a production of these.
    The price is about 250£ or 312Euro(i think the price will be lower if i get a order of 10+)
    Is for fittig porsche monoblockcaliper 996-352-421-13 996-352-422-13
    Bracets are made of "SIS 2541" steel.
    Rm=900-1100N/mm2. Rp0,2=700N/mm2

http://forum.vwaudi-club.no/showthread.php?t=133490
    Attached Files

These fit the rear calipers from a 996 onto the rear of an S2? And with what size disc? Very interested here...

Comment

Probably only applicable to RS2 rear as it has wacky drum handbrake on the hub. I think the main benefit is better stopping power of 996 mono versus the stock RS2 rear caliper... I assume it works with standard disks - otherwise I dunno how to solve the drum/handbrake problem.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

This is for Rs2 only with standard 299*24 Rs2 rotors.

Comment

I have new price 150£+shipping
          Bolts are not included.
          I used 8 pcs Porshce brake caliper bolts part no "999 067 041 09" these bolts are a little to long so
          You have to cut 4 bolts to 40mm and 4 bolts to 59mm length.

Comment

I assume it works with standard disks - otherwise I dunno how to solve the drum/handbrake problem.[/QUOTE]

I looked into doing this and even purchased the callipers. The only satisfactory solution for the UK MOT is to use a separate handbrake callipers, Willwood supply such a thing.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
              I assume it works with standard disks - otherwise I dunno how to solve the drum/handbrake problem.
              I looked into doing this and even purchased the callipers. The only satisfactory solution for the UK MOT is to use a separate handbrake callipers, Willwood supply such a thing.[/QUOTE]

I think the Willwood caliper is to big.
              It was hardly enough space for the bracets for monoblock caliper.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah, I see your using front callipers on the rear, I just assumed you intended to use RS2 rears callipers. I can see in your photo that locating a second calliper would be a problem.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                  Ah, I see your using front callipers on the rear, I just assumed you intended to use RS2 rears callipers. I can see in your photo that locating a second calliper would be a problem.

No im using calipers 996-352-421-13 996-352-422-13
                  They are rear calipers for Porsche boxter s.
                  The Wilwood caliper is 174,8mm long the caliperbracet i made for my Rs2 is 160mm long.(thats maximum length)
                  See drawing on this Wilwood page http://www.wilwood.com/Products/001-...-cpb/index.asp
                  The Wilwood caliper has also mount heigth 52,9mm.
                  I dont think this caliper will fit.
                  Maybe if you mount 350mm discs or bigger it will fit.

Comment

One question with these do the standard RS2 rear brakelines fit the monoblocks?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Remember you have to change directions on the calipers.
                        The bleeder screws and the pipe needs to change place.
                        http://forum.vwaudi-club.no/showpost...2&postcount=10
                        http://forum.vwaudi-club.no/showpost...1&postcount=11

Comment

I'm working on doing this for my S2'd US spec Coupe. Basically what I figured out is the only way to do it is a separate E-brake caliper mounted on the other side of the hub. Many other cars do this with larger brakes like Vipers and the R8 (which uses a brembo caliper and is like 300ea new).

From what I can see this would not work on any of the standard S2 cars, at least not the coupes. The setup I'm looking at will use a standard 996 mono block rear caliper mounted on top of D2 A8 312mm by 25mm front rotors. I'm working on the brackets for both the caliper and the e-brake caliper as we speak so I can finish my car soon. The biggest issue is getting a L shape bracket that fits right and still gives me a decent bit of strength. I'll be making mine from steel after a few more test fits and a plastic mockup bracket.
                          Sean
                          91 CQ Elanor 1.9L compound Turbo build. Fully built internals, full race oval port head, custom race cam. GT2256v and hy35 in compounds.

Comment

This sounds good Sean. If you also would make it for the Avant I am sure you get a lot of requests to make/sell these. I would be interested at least

Comment

Does your system allows the rear fitment of the RS2 OE front callipers (304 discs) ?

Comment

Working...
                              X