Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Hoses

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a set of silicon hoses for my 93 ABY.

Ideally would like a set of Samco's but have spotted a set of Roose on e bay.

Is there any major telling difference between the two makes?

Anyone here with a set of Roose ones on their beast?

Any feedback/info/advice welcomed.

Jigs

Can't go wrong with either set both just as good as each other.

Comment

Cheers Jamo.

Any advice welcomed before I go end spend what little money I have!

Anyone else out there care to comment?

Ta,

Jigs

Comment

Check if it comes with clips, if not check the installing a samco hose post for a list of all the jubilee clips you'll need.

Comment

use Mikalor clamps if you can afford the extra few squids, they are far better than jubilee clips
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Will do Jamo,

Is there anyon eon here that has a set of Samco's they'd like to part with? Must be new though if no one has a set Roose it'll have to be.

Jigs

Comment

lol you just want the name samco, there is no difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                lol you just want the name samco, there is no difference!
                Touche and I reckon that's not too far from the truth. Roose ones will suffice if, as you say there is no difference!

All comments much appreciated - now to rob a bank to pay for the darn things!

Jigs

Comment

There are already threads on here discussing it if you care to search for roose, they were made by a U.K tuning company by Roose for the S2.

Owners such as Dest etc have used them to great effect and are the same kit as 034 sell.

Comment

Cheers Jamo,

Input much appreciated

Comment

We commisioned Roose to manufacture a kit of hoses to be of better spec and fit to the Samco versions. One problem with the Samco kit was the fit behind the headlight on the MAF hoses and would often rub through, we had the tooling made to match the flat face on the OE hose, the Roose version matches the contours of that perfectly so nothing would be strained when fitted.
                      Also the hose that exists the turbo and goes into the intercooler can be liable to to degrading due to the heat, Roose version is Nomex lined to prevent this ever happening.
                      Corey
                      01636 822288

Comment

cannot find a set of S2 hoses on flea-bay, only rs turbo s2 hoses and me thinks theseare not the ones you

Comment

are after...

chuffin' computer...

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                            cannot find a set of S2 hoses on flea-bay, only rs turbo s2 hoses and me thinks theseare not the ones you
                            Are these not the boost hoses that I need?
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S2-ABY-AD...d=p3286.c0.m14

Many thanks to all for the info - always makes purchasing decisons easier have your combined knowledge helping me to make informed decisions

Comment

Originally posted by S2Addict View Post
                              Are these not the boost hoses that I need?
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S2-ABY-AD...d=p3286.c0.m14

Many thanks to all for the info - always makes purchasing decisons easier have your combined knowledge helping me to make informed decisions
                              yep you are right...I tried the old search for silicon hose in ebay and Andy Roose's site never came up....

I am looking at going over for a set in the next month or so...as my boost leak is doing my 'ead in.... being challenged by C3's indeed!!...

have fun...
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X