Quality Boot Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Boot Install

Here is the latest addition to my In Car Entertainment. (ICE to all you tuners out there )

The brief details are as follows:

A Custom built Sub boxed designed to sit in the spare wheel well was purchased from VagSport (Sienna). This had a new front plate added to accept my 10" Kenwood subwoofer. It was then re-upholstered in black stretch acoustic cloth.

To mount the Kenwood Amp, an 15mm thick MDF base plate was cut with similar dimensions as the existing Audi bootliner. This had counter bored holes added to match up with the three existing holes Audi use to locate the boot liner which secure it in the car.

From here the Amp was mounted on this plate and positioned towards the rear of the boot. 50mm x 38mm batons were cut and screwed to this plate to provide support for the false floor and hinged door.

A detailed cardboard template was then made to design the false floor plate complete with rectangular cutout for Amp. This was then carpeted in black carpet along with the custom built door to allow access the cuby holes at the rear of the boot. This door hinges using hidden screw in "pin and cup" type hinges.

Once fully assembled I was happy that I had acheived a "Factory" look to my ICE installation.

Please find photo's of build up below:

The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Finished Boot:
    Attached Files
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Sub box detail:
      Attached Files
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic

Comment

Amp Detail:
        Attached Files
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic

Comment

Other side:
          Attached Files
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic

Comment

Nice
            Coupe

Comment

I done the same thing for mine with the false floor, but the boot is so so shallow it made it unusable so i chucked it back out again
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I really like that sub build tho, have u any pics of it out of the car?

Is it square or rounded to fit the hole???
                Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Very nice install, FATTER Audi S2!

Siena

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                    I really like that sub build tho, have u any pics of it out of the car?

Is it square or rounded to fit the hole???
                    The box itself is rectangular, but has a front plate that is shaped to fit the spare wheel well. Top curved section is plywood. (Credit to VagSport for the Sub box shape!)

If I get the chance I will take some pictures of it out the car. Don't hold your breath though

Cheers,

Steve.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Would appreciate it if you can, just what I would like to build if i do put a sub back in mine again.

Greg
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                        Would appreciate it if you can, just what I would like to build if i do put a sub back in mine again.

Greg
                        Considering there is so much interest I will try to take some pictures over the bank holiday weekend and post them. Be aware the front may be nice but the back is not pretty, but will give you an idea of how to start it.

Also, I have loads more pictures of the amp rack and false floor. If anyone is interested i can post or email more images....
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                          Considering there is so much interest I will try to take some pictures over the bank holiday weekend and post them. Be aware the front may be nice but the back is not pretty, but will give you an idea of how to start it.

Also, I have loads more pictures of the amp rack and false floor. If anyone is interested i can post or email more images....
                          The best solution I think. I have the same but yours is nicer, Fat. Do you remove it when on longer journey? I mean the spare wheel is back then?
                          Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
                            The best solution I think. I have the same but yours is nicer, Fat. Do you remove it when on longer journey? I mean the spare wheel is back then?
                            No, I don't have spare wheel ever! I just carry a can of tyre weld and an RAC card. I have NEVER (touch wood) had to change a wheel at the side of the road in 14 years of driving!

If we go on a holiday I will put luggage on the back seat too
                            I can't be without my music
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                              No, I don't have spare wheel ever! I just carry a can of tyre weld and an RAC card. I have NEVER (touch wood) had to change a wheel at the side of the road in 14 years of driving!

If we go on a holiday I will put luggage on the back seat too
                              I can't be without my music
                              That is right. I'll put on my boot photo for you soon. Music is all that matters.
                              Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
                              X