(steel ) crankshaft sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (steel ) crankshaft sprocket

i'm having some more (steel ) crankshaft sprockets made so if anyone wants one let me know ASAP .
    i've had one on my car for nearly 9 months now without any problems the price is £70 +postage probably won't be ready till january 2009 sometimes .
    Attached Files

Is this for any engine or just aby/adu?

looks a quality item again jamil

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
      Is this for any engine or just aby/adu?

looks a quality item again jamil
      as far as i know aby adu 3b aan 7a are all the same .can someone confirm this ?

Comment

All the same, this one is better than the other ones I've seen as it has the locating dimple

Comment

what is the difference of this and the OEM unit?
          And also i thought this was changed every time you did the cambelt.So it should last a lot more than 9 months.Is this unit so good so as to keep it longer?(say...2 cambelt changes?

Comment

The difference is that this is made from billet steel and not a moulded unit. Problem with the OEM unit is that they tend to crack.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by volcano rs View Post
              as far as i know aby adu 3b aan 7a are all the same .can someone confirm this ?
              No,

not all the same, you'll have to wait till this evining for me to post some piccies...soz...at work...
              Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                No,

not all the same, you'll have to wait till this evining for me to post some piccies...soz...at work...
                i have 7a and aby with me and they look exactly same .

Comment

I've just seen an ABY pulley and compared it to my 7A, the 'shoulder' on the back of the 7A is longer than the ABY...was thinking it would put the woodruf key on the sprocket in a slightly different position on the nose of the crank.

Only got a 7A crank and sprocket/pulley to check.

ABY cranks aren't different are they?

Can do some checks on my 7A?
                  Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

ABY, 3B & AAN are the same I wouldn't be bother about the 7A it doesn't generate enough torque to justify having one.

Comment

Hmmmm...

Feels like i'm being got at... not enough torque...

Should all be hunky dory then.
                      Carlos.

Comment

I checked the FA for part numbers and they are the same for all models AFAIK

Comment

Yeah but - whilst they are listed NOW as the same part, it may well be that some engines had variations of this in the past - only possible to find out if 'FOMB' has a part number visible on an older variation.

Same deal as paper head gaskets on the early engines... and bearing shells... get my drift ?
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

there is no part number on these sprockets but they do look the same

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                              ABY, 3B & AAN are the same I wouldn't be bother about the 7A it doesn't generate enough torque to justify having one.
                              i listed it for comparison .7a uses lots of bits which are same as 3b aan aby adu.

Comment

Working...
                              X