Project little gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project little gem

Well i've been on this site for a while now and been waiting to pick up this project before starting a thread about it. Hope you don't mind us posting about this thread on here.

The car is a 1988 Pearl white quattro saloon

2.2L 5 cylinder engine
    4 wheel drive
    Pearl white metallic paint
    152k miles

Me and Pete (aka acidburn) have purchased this with plans to turn it into a track day/fun toy, I know its not going to be the quickest but we was just wanting a cheap reasonable car that we could modify and I could learn more about them.

After a reasonable drive from Aylesbury to Manchester on saturday (£20 in the tdi there and back ) we'd picked the car up, the drive home was quite good with no major problems, there are a few small items that would need sorting over the next month or so but nothing major. The car has tax and mot so can be used whenever is needed.

First things that are to be done:

1. Changing the subframe bushes over to alloy one's (pete knows someone who does these for a good price)
    2. Lowered/uprated suspension
    3. Different wheels (pete has to go collect these soon) - going to a 17 inch dished rim with some decent tyres, they came from his cossie when he owned that.
    4. Interior change from the beige item
    5. Stainless system just for the sound.
    6. decide which bumper to fit on the front to replace the speedboat one, choices are:

Genuine rs2 front bumper

Genuine s2 front bumper

Going for a trial fit over the next week or so then will get whichever one suits it better sprayed up.

And the car they are going on:

Pete's got a few spares which will make there way onto the car over the next few weeks like s2 dials/aux dials, spare subframes (refurbished), s2 arb's and a few other odds and ends. The main thing we want to do is to get the car handling and stopping well (might mean a change to 20v brakes for this) before adding a bit more power into the equation.
    Project Little Gem - Pearl White Track Toy quattro

Interior and the actual car was good, we could not see any rust on the car, its recently had a new system fitted recently. The car also came with a kenwood headunit and 6 disk changer which helped with the drive home :mischeif:

It is getting a few bits resprayed as they are not quite 100% and since we are getting the front bumper sprayed with the mirrors it makes sense to have it all done at once and bring it back to how it should look.

Comment

It truly is a nice tidy car and will make a solid base for a project, and on the plus side parts are easy to source for the car. First things first, alloy subframe mounts imo so that is out the way. Might be worth poly bushing the entire system before the cars lowered etc. Still kept up with me all the way home and was not that juicy, love the way the colours shown off in the sun light

Comment

If you find you dont need the RS2 bumper just send it my way
        93 S2 Avant Parting
        91 URQ RR
        02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Always nice to see a new project. Good luck with it.
          Cheers
          Chris
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Sure I've seen that before somewhere.
            AEL on the plate rings a bell Hate it when you can't remember something.
            I must be getting old
            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Lol jas you ain't that old, its been for sale on audifans for a while now

That's most likely where you would have seen it, bought it from nick_s on there, very nice bloke to meet and deal with

Comment

Thanks to all for showing an interest, look forward to starting work on her and finally getting my hands on a project As for the RS2 bumper....not a hope

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                  Lol jas you ain't that old, its been for sale on audifans for a while now

That's most likely where you would have seen it, bought it from nick_s on there, very nice bloke to meet and deal with
                  Bingo. Glad that's sorted, would have bugged the hell out of me.
                  When you are less than two years away from the big four zero, old is a term you start to think about

Good luck with her.

Jase..
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                  2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                  1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

love it, you guys have a fanatstic base to start with. Few little tweeks here and there and itll be spot on. Fantastic colour. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point. Glad it went to a good home
                    Gav
                    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                      Bingo. Glad that's sorted, would have bugged the hell out of me.
                      When you are less than two years away from the big four zero, old is a term you start to think about

Good luck with her.

Jase..
                      you've probably forgotton more useful information than I know. A true wealth of knowledge where these cars are concerned

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                      love it, you guys have a fanatstic base to start with. Few little tweeks here and there and itll be spot on. Fantastic colour. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point. Glad it went to a good home
                      Gav
                      yeah it should be at a few of the meets, just trying to sort it out ready for them atm.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how this comes along. Looks a good solid base car (as said before). I think the S2 bumper will look better on it than the RS2 one.

Mark
                        '93 Brilliant Blue Audi S2 Avant - Broken again.
                        '98 Tahiti Blue Rover 216SE Coupe
                        '96 Arktiksilber Metallic BMW 525td (E34)
                        '01 Dark Green Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.1LTD
                        '97 Polar White Vauxhall Vectra 2.0Di LS
                        '96 Alpine White Peugeot 306 XLDt

Comment

Yeah i'm swaying towards the s2 bumper as well, also in two minds about putting an s2 avant rear bumper on it as well as I know where there's a spare one of them, Just depends really what we decide to do.

Comment

Currently the main issue appears to be insurance as we both have a car and so they want to start afresh on this car and charge a fortune still this will get sorted out for the end of the month when we take it to the meet in Scotland

Comment

Nice find! Looks in good nick and rare too

Defo the S2 bumper on it IMHO mate, and rebush the lot if you can
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X