rs2 droplink part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rs2 droplink part number

Could someone tell me if this is the part number for the front rs2 droplink? 8A0 407 465

Thanks
    Welsh back lanes are the best!:mischeif:

If your after droplinks speak to pete reeve/quattro corner he was doing a special offer on them..

Comment

I would but I have just orderd some from gsf. Now I think the rs2 ones have a C on the end of that number!

Comment

the family album shows it under Audi 80 Avant, but not mentioned on RS2. RS2 one is 8A0 505 465D
        2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S-line____2003 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro____1994 Audi RS2 2,2T Avant____Audi Quattro Experience____Audi Sportscar Experience
        Protected movement - with quattro

Comment

8A0505466D

connecting link
          right /

8A0505465D

connecting link
          left /

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Oh well! Looks like Iv got standard s2 one's. Are the rs2 ones more any stronger or just a different length?

Thanks for the info!

Comment

the rs2 ones are in steel

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

s2 ones are plastic.
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by Slim m View Post
                  Oh well! Looks like Iv got standard s2 one's. Are the rs2 ones more any stronger or just a different length?
                  The RS2 drop links are the same length as the V6 metal links. Where they differ is in the thickness of the link rod between the ends. The RS2 is thicker here, I would say around 2 or 3 milimeters thicker on the RS2.

I sourced my new set from Pete back in late November.

Comment

thanks guy's!

just got my droplinks from gsf today. not original parts but they are steel!

The ones that came off when I lived in Vienna where steel and The porsch garage put plastic ones on. not to keen on the idea of plastic

Comment

There's nowt wrong with plastic - especially glass filled nylon or pp (which I think the drop links are). Much better strength to weight & stiffness properties than most steels...
                      sigpic

Comment

I pulled out a few drop links and snapped a pic or two. The top link is the RS2 one. Note the thicker link rod (10mm) on the RS2. The standard 80q link (middle) was 9mm. The S2 part in the resin part on the bottom.

A close-up of the two metal links. RS2 on top.

Comment

Got some S2 ones from Pete yesterday - £46 delivered.

I figure the drop link isnt really a stress bearing part so plastic should be fine, the stock ones have been, and they're lighter
                          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

I wouldn't say they aren't stress-bearing, more a case of which way it bears the stress. I doubt the plastic is going to stretch any more so than the steel in this application.
                            AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

I heard several years ago while in Germany that Audi had decided to change from the metal to plastic due to the metal version sqweaking. Then Audi had gotten complaints about the plastic ones not lasting as long.

Anyone care to comment? Are the metal links more durable?

Comment

Working...
                              X