s2 Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2 Cab

Thought id put a few pics up of my current project.
    This turned up literally on my doorstep a few mths ago (well 18 miles away) A friend of mine told me about a red audi cab for sale near me, wasnt really interested as i already had a cab that was stripped ready to start rebuilding. I went to have a look anyway and was very glad i did.
    Ordered from the dealer with a full options list it started life as a 2wd 2.6 v6 manual. After a year of ownership it was sent to Kim Collins to be converted to 20vt quattro.
    It was then Fitted with an 97 s6 aan mated to an s2 aby 6speed box and 3b quattro drivetrain.
    Its got full history including original order form and bill of sale as well as all the documentation regarding the conversion. In the first 3 yrs the original owner spent over 50k buying the car and then having the conversion done.
    At present its done a little over 65k and is in good shape. Theres some cosmetic damage to the drivers rear quarter thatll hopefully be sorted relatively soon (when i find a bodyshop i can trust)
    Theres quite a few bits and peices that im not happy that were (or more importantly not done) in the original conversion. No diff lock, still using v6 clocks, small kenlowe fan has literally been shoved in place (but it does the job) its still 4-stud and some of the underbonnet pipework is er....agricultural to say the least
    Anyway heres a couple of pics...

Cheers
    Gav
    Last edited by gavs20v; 23 March 2009, 11:30.
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Lucky Gav

Hi Mate
    you a lucky chap,i really envious of you

best of both worlds......will give a few new Audi cab owners a real shock

hope to see more of her

cheers
    john

Comment

Nice find, i had heard this car existed but never seen any pics of it. I would be interested in seeing what intercooler setup it has, does it have an S2 IC or the S4 unit?

Mark.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

its got a modded s6 aan intercooler fitted just in front of the near side wheel. Its been altered slightly so the pipe work runs almost directly up to the throttle body. The pipework is a bit of a bodge imo and is something ill be looking at changing, but it does the job for now.
        Gav
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

To say I'm jealous is an understatement

How much did it cost?

Comment

For the conversion?
            S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Is this the one that was on pistonheads last year or maybe year before? Look very nice be you can't wait for the sun to come out????? Now the 5 pot sound with the roof down lucky git!!!!!
              Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

aye, theres a good chance of it. As far as i know theres only two in uk. The other one is a 430bhp ruby red one on cup 1's and a load of rs2 goodies.
                And yeah im itching to get out in it now we've had a few days of sunshine. Been dicked around for a few weeks sourcing an aternator so its been sat on the drive with no front end for 3weeks. Thats now sorted and the front ends almost back together but while its been off the road ive stripped the interior and sold that on. Currently outting new one together and getting that in. Then i can get it to the bodyshop and get the rear quarter sorted. Just want to drive the bloody thing
                Gav
                S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Nice find and was surprised you had not seen it on ebay when I mentioned it, my mate never did hear from the seller of it, still you ended up with it and look forward to seeing it at some of the shows.

Fancy a set of s2 clocks i've got a spare set now

Comment

Price of the car

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                      Nice find and was surprised you had not seen it on ebay when I mentioned it, my mate never did hear from the seller of it, still you ended up with it and look forward to seeing it at some of the shows.

Fancy a set of s2 clocks i've got a spare set now
                      I didnt realise it was the same one that my mate had told me about till i went to see it. After speaking to the seller it turned out he had no intention of selling it through ebay, he just wanted to advertise it.
                      Interested in the clocks depending on price/condition and what mileage they have on them.
                      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

:mischeif: its was enough to make it more financially viable to buy this one instead of converting the blue one i already had
                        Gav
                        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

as she sits currently...looking a little sorry for herself. Temp headlights are going in today till i pick up a set of genuine elipsoids next weekend.

a little bit bare inside..

S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

you dont hang around do you!

Good job, looks like a nice project...
                            91 S2 coupé - RIP
                            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

lol,this is what its looked like for the past few weeks while i sourced an alternator

S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Working...
                              X