kw variant 1 coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kw variant 1 coilovers

iam thinking of ordering some KW variant 1s for the S2, but have been told there are 2 types, 14mm or 12mm and also a spec on weight, i thought all s2s were the same weight and ive measured the two shock bolts and these are 13mm so assuming i need the 14mm vertions, i have a aby 1996 S2, any help would be appreciated, danny

You need the 14mm version since you have a late build car. Do you write for PPC magazine by any chance?

Comment

no i don't write for a mag mate, i thought i would need the 14mm, although iam still confused on he weight, surely all s2 coupes weight the same, unless KW list 2 one being the avant kit and one for the coupe!

Comment

5 speed 3B S2's are lighter than the 6 speed ABY and the Avant / RS2 is heavier than them both

Comment

Weights are on www.S2central.net, quotes ABY coupe as 1525kg and 3B 1420kg. The maximum axle loads are also quotes as ABY 1100kg and 3B 1035, I can only assume due to the increased hardware size on the BAY.

You,e hope that KW 'should' be able to supply based on year, but otherwise, as above, 14mm holes, 55mm body and heavier style for a late ABY
          Last edited by Rusty; 3 June 2009, 07:40.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

thanks for your help ill be making some phone call's

Comment

Working...
            X