Project 90 Track Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 90 Track Car.

Just thought I'd show you all my little project.
    I've been lurking for a while and decided I wanted to build an S2 based track car. I'd been looking at getting a Coupe when I was offered a 90 fixer upper.
    I has a quick look, did a deal and stuck it in the workshop while I decided exactly what route I would take with the project.
    I decided that I wanted to enter the Liverpool Motor Club sprint and hillclimb championship next year so the car will be built with that as it's main use, but must be road legal to get in the class of my choice(plus I get to use it on road now and again).

The 90 has a had a little work done with track use in mind and I'm told a previous owner has slapped it's botty round 'The Ring' more than once, so you could say it's a little 'Pre Enjoyed'!
    The car is very rough, but has a few useful parts.

It will be getting a full shell up re-build so it's current condition doesn't worry me.

Now on to the pics.

The Shed.

At least it has a reasonable donk fitted!

Bodywork is shocking and the engine bay has been sprayed with rattle cans!

Bit of carbon! The head is fitted with 7A Cams.

Turbo, wastegate and manifold.

S4 manifold?? and the mass meter has been moved.

Like I said, it's a little rough.

Exhaust exits through one of the rear doors.

Cage and seats.

I want it!!! Proper beast, look forward to more pics

Comment

Does my bum look big in this?

More of the cage.

Comp Brake 4 pots and discs on the front.

Exhaust.

Rusty Coilovers(Front)

Rear.

Spare deeper front bumper.

Comment

looking good need more pics

Comment

I've never seen a true 90 degree bend on an exhaust pipe before

Cheers n

Si
          95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
          Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
          With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

The car has some good bit's. It's got a Centerforce Clutch, 7A cams, Coilover Conversion, Bigger brakes, Safety Devices Cage, T4 Turbo with tubular manifold XS power wastegate with screamer pipe, Bucket seats, Superchips ECU (BAH!) and some other tat not worth a mention.

Plans for the car are as follows: (All subject to change and suggestion)

Car will be stripped to nothing and the shell is getting dipped to get all the paint and underseal off it.
            I'll be fitting a T45 weld in cage. A proper climing frame that will go to the struts etc.

Engine is getting rebuilt with rods,modded pistons, steel head gasket and the head will be ported.

Brakes will be replaced on the front with some 350mmx32's with 6 pots. I might use the fronts on the rear??

Radiator is going in the boot.

I'll be fitting an electric power steering pump.

Perspex windows.

I may change the turbo for something a little bigger as it's only a T4.

Not sure what power I'm aiming for yet but I'm sure it will never be enough! lol

Vectra power steering pump.

Huge X5 ali radiator

Cooling fan to match the rad.

Self explanitory!

Toys for Paulie to play with!

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
              I've never seen a true 90 degree bend on an exhaust pipe before

Cheers n

Si
              I know, the exhaust is terrible! I'll be making a tunnel in the floor to get it over the rear axle and out in the factory position.

Paul.

Comment

awesome fun! I see Tims coupe lurking in the background of some of the pics
                Gav
                S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

I like! Exhaust rocks!!!!!! Pls keep pictures coming :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                    awesome fun! I see Tims coupe lurking in the background of some of the pics
                    Gav
                    I blame Tim. I run a 4x4 garage and Tim has a unit on our estate. Only so many Modded Audi's can go past before you have to buy one! I haven't been quite so successful in talking him into getting an Off Roader..........

His S2 is in our unit while he does some work on his new workshop.

Paul.

Comment

Tell him Gav says Ello next time you see him please mate
                      Cheers
                      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                        Tell him Gav says Ello next time you see him please mate
                        Cheers
                        I'm doing an M.O.T for him in the morning, so I'll do just that mate.

Paul.

Comment

hehe, that is looking bloody fantastic. I wish i had the time, money and skill to turn out a proper sorted track monster to play with

Will it be ready to play by ADI....quite fancy seeing that lap
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                            hehe, that is looking bloody fantastic. I wish i had the time, money and skill to turn out a proper sorted track monster to play with

Will it be ready to play by ADI....quite fancy seeing that lap
                            Not sure if it will be done in time for ADI.
                            As well as our regular work I'm just finishing a couple of customer car builds that are taking some time, as they keep adding to the list of mods and customers have to come first.
                            One of the cars is a an onlt 1994 Land Rover Discovery now fitted with a 504bhp(engine dyno figure) Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged V8. We have fitted trick diff, external roll cage, uprated suspension, wheels, tyres,, brakes, props's, gearbox, audio, re-trim, bumpers, and so on.
                            Little Vid of it on a magazine photo shoot.:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjGsJXugz-0

So, it will take me a while to get the Audi sorted, but I'll be using it as much as possible when it's done.

As I do stuff to it, I'll update the thread.

Paul.

Comment

still on 4 stud hubs??!?? What brakes are those?

Comment

Working...
                              X