S4 AAN into Type 85CQ engine loom wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S4 AAN into Type 85CQ engine loom wiring

Has anyone got a spreadsheet/fag packet that details the AAN conversion wiring to KV engined Type 85CQ engine loom wiring? Some BTDT detail would save a lot of time.

I'm trying to get the car ready for an event in early August so time is at a premium... no rolling this time with a little luck

Thanks,
    Raymond
    1997 A6 (C4)Q TDi http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291269 - Sold
    1987 CQ85RS
    1994 S2 Avant- Gone
    1991 V8 -Gone, but lives on in the TDi and CQ

Fintray Hillclimb - 33.20s
    Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s
    Forrestburn Hillclimb - 52.61

Contact Tonks4x4
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Have some key info written on the pack of marllboro lights
      Chef

Comment

the aan loom has all the wrong plugs on it for the type 85 fuse box. If you can try and get hold of an aby loom. I know sal has got one for sale. The rest of the wiring can then be done in about 1 hour or so. The same ecu can still be used as long as it's not the immobiliser type. If you still want to use the aan loom it will take a little longer with the schematic's off s2central.net.
        Brian
        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

You don't need so many plugs - 12v constant, 12v from ignition, ground, fuel pump connections, tachometer (I connect to existing loom, there's one connector in glove box, another seen when you take central vents off). You may need audi 100 fusebox for fuel pump relay (needs to be replaced with one having fuse socket on the top). You may need new wiring for MFTS (to show water temperature in the dash), oil pressure (or reuse old here). Also you may need to do some wiring for diagnostic connectors as they sometimes get lost, but are extremely useful after you (try to) fire engine first time - for reading faults.

I have put new wires for ECU connections, and ended them with audi C4 connectors from scrapyard, so AAN loom wasn't cut anywhere while fitting it to typ85cq

No experiences with ABY loom.

Sau
          Last edited by kwlw; 13 June 2009, 06:27.
          200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
          CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Cheers Guys.... forgot to mention, as well as tight with time - the budget's tight too - aren't they all

Brian, I've got a complete AAN loom already, so that's the way it need to be, but I'll get the schematic from S2 Central and I'm sure the KVquattro site has the schematics for the KV side of it IIRC. H'mmm... doubt I'll fit all the cross connections on a Marlboro fag packet, but you never know

Sau, that's good to know... I've got the A100 fuse box too and pump relay so in theory I've got all I need.

thanks
            1987 CQ85RS
            1994 S2 Avant- Gone

Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s

Comment

How do u get rpm signal 2 the kv analogue dash,i know it would have been from the coil b4 engine conversion, anyone done this b4 or has this been covered,thanks paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulmac View Post
                How do u get rpm signal 2 the kv analogue dash,i know it would have been from the coil b4 engine conversion, anyone done this b4 or has this been covered,thanks paul
                You need a voltage divider,i know 034 sell them for about £60 but I reckon one could be made for peanuts.If you are not in a rush I can make you one at some point when i make one for mine.

Comment

can you make that two then Spink
                  i ve not had rev counter for years
                  bought one from demon tweeks but it wont calibrate (even tho they said it would!)
                  been too long to send it back

Comment

Cheers spink would def be interested in 1,and how the whole thing works

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                      You need a voltage divider,i know 034 sell them for about £60 but I reckon one could be made for peanuts.If you are not in a rush I can make you one at some point when i make one for mine.
                      Voltage divider is usually two resistors. Each is about 5p . 60 pounds is quite expensive one i must say.

I was not dealing with analog dash for many years (digidash rulz!), but remember something now. My friend (was also here sometime ago) was doing something to face problems related with tachometer. I think also capacitor was needed along the resistors. And that's it

Sau
                      200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
                      CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

What signal does the analogue dash expect? and what is the Motronic ECU output?
                        1987 CQ85RS
                        1994 S2 Avant- Gone

Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s

Comment

I have same problem.I need to get rpm on analgo dash from my ABY engine.Can someone help?

Comment

Still need get working tacho

Comment

Also need my rpm working on the analogue dash, spink did u ever get a chance 2 look in2 making up something

Comment

Working...
                              X