Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Audi RS2 Sedan

Hi

Sort of a new member, but have been reading this forums for years.

I`ve previously owned a original S2 sedan, and after selling that car i`ve had a hunger for a RS2 sedan.. As we know, this has to be built.. hehe..

My car is a 1992 80Q, that has been stripped down, repainted inside/outside, and built up again with all the parts from a 100% complete 94` RS2.
    Only thing left from the 80Q, is the rear window and trunk lid.

It also got upgraded with new H&R coilovers, bigger turbo (Precision turbo, 480-500hp), a custom stainless ex. header, and custom stainless 3" exhaust with dual outlets in the rear bumper.
    The bottom end was also rebuilt with new bearings etc.

It made 420hp/570nm in a mustang dyno. (over 400hp from 4500 til 6700rpm`s!) A flat curve, controlled (tamed down) to try to give the stock rods a chance

Wheels are the 18" Porsche turbo`s in summer, and org 17" RS2 for winter.

It has the black leather interior, electric controlled, and the 96 steering wheel with airbag.

The car is also 100% street legal, as a rebuilt RS2. This is not easy in norway where i`m from, so this makes the car somehow special

Right now, im doing a stereo install in it. I`ll get back to this, but in short i`m building in a new 3way front kit, 2 large amps, 2x12" kicker sub`s, and a great Pioneer head unit with DSP.

Some pics.. Will be updated later i guess

94` RS2 Sedan

Thats what I would call proper conversion! Bravo. Would you trade it for nonsmoker nondrinkers kidney?
    S2+AAN in progress (again), BMW 3 compact

Comment

was this car rebuilt by Hamon Motors?
      it looks really nice! I hope i can do the same one day....

Comment

I dont need a new kidney right now, but it`s noted

Hamon motors in germany did the rebuild for a norwegian customer, yes I bought it second hand in norway, and did the rebuild complete. It had loads of small unfinished details..
        But now it`s almost 100% mint Only smaller issues like heater in rear window, and interior light (roof) that needs attention. I`m looking into this at the same time i`m building the stereo system

The dyno numbers are done here in norway. We did some fine tuning to the fuel map as well.

The complete rebuild process at hamon-motors are documented in pictures here:
        http://www.hamon-motors.de/umbauten/...u-silber-400ps
        94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

can you give us some feedback on the exhaust manifold that it is being used? it has been strongly criticised in the past and in this forum regarded as someting that will 'melt the engine'. Its a cast EM right?

Comment

The cast manifold is`nt in the car. It got changed to a tubular one, before the car was done..

The stainless tubular one, is though very nice.. Only downside is that it is very space demanding, and the LMM and air filter had to go down in the bumper area.. Very tight fit..
            94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

oh nice!
              any brace to the tubular EM? to avoid cracking?

Comment

Another thing, the exhaust was made with only 1 box in the rear as you see on the Hamon pic`s.. I had the spare wheel well removed, and made room for another ex. box for the second outlet.

There has been done alot to the car since i bought it 6 months ago..
                94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

No bracket..

I`ve had tubular manifolds in 3 cars in the past, with larger turbo`s, but never had a cracked manifold..
                  94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

nice!

now all we need is some videos!!! haha

Comment

Your car is looking very nice. When will you upgrade to H-bean rods, so you can push the turbo to it's limits?

Comment

I`m thinking about it for next winter or so.. It`l need a sachs sinter clutch, H-rods, injectors, fuel pump and a dyno day..

If i had the money, i`ve done it by now.. But the car has not been cheap, so i`ll have to wait
                        94` RS2 Sedan

Comment

Nice car!

too bad it is not a diesel...
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Nice car, i DON`T like dual exhausts though. if i was to build a rs2 sedan it should look like a rs2 sedan aswell, Otherwise very very nice build!
                            Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more picĀ“s of my cars

Comment

Ola: any problems putting in the RS2 backseat? (the up-rights, not the bench.. the bench is already done) <:

EDIT: ****ing LOVELY car !!
                              Andreas Lundstroem
                              A4 STCC Avant -04
                              Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
                              Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

Working...
                              X