• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K24R Solid Snub Brackets & Poly Snub Bushes

To kick off the new year I've just got some new parts in

I can now offer the following:-

Polyurethane Snub Bush

Machined from 90 shore polyurethane, these area serious upgrade on the OE rubber bushes (not that you can get the correct OE bush anymore ) but are a bit more compliant than delrin. I have also improved my design over exisiting bushes with the addition of retaining split pins to hold the bush securely on the snub mount bracket so it can't move. Two split pins are included.

This bush can be used with the OE bracket or with one of my aluminium solid snub brackets for a vast improvement over the OE bracket.

Aluminium Solid Snub Mount Bracket

Machined to a very high quality from aluminium and hard anodised with a beautiful black finish, these brackets are an evolution on my original design and look superb. I have been running my original bracket for 3+ years and I can assure you that the improvement in engine response and gear change will become instantly apparent with very little additional vibration or noise! (off the rubber mount). They are lightweight and allow the auxilliary rad to be retained. The mount will work perfectly with the OE bush or will provide a rock solid snub mount option with the one of the K24R poly bushes.

Solid Snub Mount Kit

Consists of 1 of each above bracket and bush, the ultimate snub mount.

£125 delivered.

Last edited by Rusty; 13 May 2013, 10:29.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Very nice looking kit Andy, well done mate

So does the poly snub bush transmit much vibration and noise over stock?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Cheers Alex

Don't know yet as I've not fitted one but they are a lot stiffer so there will be a bit more NVH but if you're fitting one then you want a better located engine and that's always going to require a trade-off with NVH, like any uprated bushes. A stock bush will fit but I can't find one anywhere, that's why I had these made and I improved on the OE design with more material on the maximum OD so it'll be solid. There is a little movement between the bushes and bracket to allow for fitting tolerances in angle and position.

Unfortunatley MOQ for injection moulded parts is about 100 and even then they'd be nearly double the price, as a result we've had to use a machineable grade of poly and so it's quite hard, will still do a nice job
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Forgot to say, I'll also honour my January 10% discount on these new parts!
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Hi andy, i might be wanting 2 sets, can u find me a price incl shipping to denmark m8?

Cheers

Comment

PM sent. I'm happy to look into shipping for Europe, USA etc.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Time for a short shift kit Andy?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

got to sell off most of these parts first as I've already invested a large amount of money. Next project is alloy radiators.
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  got to sell off most of these parts first as I've already invested a large amount of money. Next project is alloy radiators.
                  where is the love smiley?

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Been very quiet over Christmas, hopefully should pick up by the end of January... Can then put some money towards some alloy rads.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

How easy is the poly snub bush to fit Andy? I have not had a snoop around that area for a while?

Looking very high quality.

Cheers,

Steve.
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Cheers, Bambridge has done a grand job on the parts, the brackets are real beasts and beautifully finished

You'll need to take the front cross member off to fit just the bush so might as well fit the whole kit and get the full benefit

Getting the front cross member off isn't too difficult, harder bit is getting all the bumper gubbins undone by the wheel arch TBH. Other than that the bumper is only 4 bolts and the X member is 6 bolts and the IC/XM hoses.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Have just done this to chance the belts just yesterday, pretty forward and easy to do.
                          Rusty, i will come back with an order for you m8

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                            Cheers, Bambridge has done a grand job on the parts, the brackets are real beasts and beautifully finished

You'll need to take the front cross member off to fit just the bush so might as well fit the whole kit and get the full benefit

Getting the front cross member off isn't too difficult, harder bit is getting all the bumper gubbins undone by the wheel arch TBH. Other than that the bumper is only 4 bolts and the X member is 6 bolts and the IC/XM hoses.
                            Right, I get it, thanks Andy.

One for the wish list at this stage. I am having trouble convincing the wife I should tax and insure it!

Cheers

Steve.
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by AUDIS2avant View Post
                              Have just done this to chance the belts just yesterday, pretty forward and easy to do.
                              Rusty, i will come back with an order for you m8
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                              X