X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 SPORT Steering wheel to 90Q

Hi there,
    Hope your well?

Just bought myself a 90Q. Does the A4 SPORT Steering wheel fir the 90Q boss/ rack?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

you need an adapter you can buy at audi, and you need also the stalks from that a4, and the trim around them from an b4 1995->. (if the a4 is from 95 to 98 somewhere)
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Hi, thanks for the info. What adaptor is it I'm after though?

And can I please see a larger picture of your 90 please? Can you PM me it?

Thanks.

Comment

The adaptor you need is for the steering column, the 90 has a thinner column, that is also why you need the later stalks, they have a larger hole.
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Hi, I'm new here , but not new to the Audi world.

I also want to retrofit the s-line steering wheel from the later models to my 1994 80 Competition. As Sküll said , the steering column diameter is different. You need an adapter, part no. 8G0 419 514 (it costs ~ 10 Euro). You also need different steering column switches (larger diameter) and an adapter (part number 8A0 419 787B), and the later type steering column suround (in order to fit the new slip ring for the airbag).

If anyone knows exactly which steering wheels can be used for this conversion please post here ... I've heard that the spline diameter was changed again in 97 with the 4b and in 99 for the 8d, I'm not shure.

Comment

the adapter

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Many thanks. The part is 8G0 419 514 is that correct?
              This will cost a fortune from Audi in the UK! That will be another Lung sold on the black market.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi, yes , that is the correct part number. I don't think you need to sell your last lung if you get used parts on ebay. The only thing you won't find are the adapers and they're not that expensive to buy new.
                Here's the steering column one :

It has 40 teeth(I don't know how to call them in English) on the inside and 86 on the outside. The inner diam. is 17.5 mm, the outer one 26 mm.

And the adapter for the column switches :

Still working on finding out the part numbers on the steering wheels that fit and ones that don't.

Comment

Hi there,
                  Thanks for the info. The teeth are called splines if that helps?

Found the adaptor. I have a A4 1997 and so will grab the steering wheel from that and have a go, see if that fits. Keep you posted.

Many thanks once again

James

Comment

does anybody know where to by the adapter (8A0 419 787B) ?
                    5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

at Audi???
                      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

ive just bought an 3 spoke s2 airbag steering wheel for my 93' 80 avant. now i have bought the steering column switches from an a4 b5 (lager diameter). but when i want to connect the cables to the switches they dont fit. does anyone else have the same problem? or do i need to get switches from an 95-96 s2? please help me
                        5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Hi. What year was the donor a4/b5 made ? The switches were changed in 97 and again in 99.

Comment

ive have the switches with part number: 4d0953513. ive looked in etka and there the say the are from an a4 b5 96.
                            but have you put an sport airbag steering wheel in an 80/90 aswell?
                            5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

That is the switch you need. The black/brown 13 pin connector doesn't need to be changed - you can carefully remove the pins and place them in the correct position. The other 13 pin connector (black/violet) needs to be replaced with a 14 pin one (you can get it from the donor A4 or new from Audi). If you need help with the wiring contact me on Yahoo messenger ID cd_contact.

And to answer your question no , I haven't done the sline steering wheel retrofit yet, still looking for a good wheel, not too expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X