Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTD; Boost Gauge To Match Plasma Dials & Surround..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTD; Boost Gauge To Match Plasma Dials & Surround..

As the title suggests;

I am on the hunt for a boost gauge that match's S2 Bo's red/orange plasma dials...

I have looked at the VDO one but at 105 euro... & I'm not sure it will look right...

I am also looking for a surround for it to mount into the air vent.... I would prefer a matching Carbon Fibre one "IF" there is such a thing... if not a black anodized one will have to do...

Unless anyone has any other suggestions for mounting or type of boost gauges digital etc...

Thanks

K..

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Have a look at this on ebay 380164993483. £20

There are others as well.

John

Comment

DRiFT Boost Gauge

Anyone ever used or bought one of these?

DRiFT Boost Gauge.

Looks really smart but difficult to find over here!!

sigpic

Comment

it looks too japanese for me...the VDO with the white dials is ideal and suits the s2/rs2 beautifully
        having said that,because the s2 has slighlty silvery/white dials than true white, it might not seem 100%,but then again if it is going to be put at a distance from the dash or aux dials you wouldnt be able to tell the difference,because your central field wont cover all dials at the same time.

Comment

drift lol

jap gauges are in general the best ones.

Comment

Im in a similar situation. I would like a boost guage that would match in nicely with Bo's Red Plasmas. I have a cheap motormeter one at the moment with a silver/grey face that matched really well with the standard s2 guages, even the needle is similar, and ive been qute pleased with it. But Bo's guages are more white faced. Maybe Bo should buy a load of guages like my current one and get a plasma face made to fit it? That would be spot on then!

But seriously if any body knows of a boost guage that is reasonably priced and has red/orange backlight, similar needle to standard and a white face, please post up. Bezel colour doesnt matter as that can be sprayed (had to do this on current guage anyway as it was alu effect)
            Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
            03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
            01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

I wonder if this one will progress.... http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41629

seems to be a demand..

Comment

something like that ?
                http://www.pieces-auto-moto.com/fich...-10W71353.html
                91' S2 3B Pearl White

Comment

each to their own but i would never buy a cheap gauge. the needle isn't even 0'd properly.

why spend 00000's on an engine and use inacurate monitors to look after it?

Comment

Bo's look like this At Day time....

At night...

So this at night is similar...

Hummmmm maybe the search continue's..

sigpic

Comment

blackpool comes to an S2.

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                        each to their own but i would never buy a cheap gauge. the needle isn't even 0'd properly.

why spend 00000's on an engine and use inacurate monitors to look after it?
                        My guage cost a pricey £16!! lol I know what you mean about accuracy, but i checked my guage against a calibrated pressure gauge in work and it was pretty damn close. And TBH how accurately can you read a gauge at a glance whilst driving, and a i dont know about you but my boost would have to do something dramatiacally different from normal for me to suspect a problem? So many factors can slightly effect max boost day to day. A problem that shows on your boost gauge will show up no matter how cheap the gauge IMO.

But, each to there own like you say. I dont mind having a cheap gauge as its better than no gauge, and my car is standard chipped, so i guess if i'd spent 000's on an engine my opinion may be different.
                        Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                        03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                        01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

This thread is the exact reason why I have not got any plasma gauges!
                          I would of got some ages ago if there was some sort of matching boost gauge option

Comment

dont get me wrong ive had cheap gauges.

i had a summit AF gauge and autogauges boost gauge in my G60. the summit AF is great for the 20 odd quid. the autogauges was ok but looks a lot cheaper than the defi but it is.

i ike accuracy. also i like the playback. most without standalone cant see how boost changes properly. with the defi i can playback the boost so i can see if it holds at a spot or drops off above x rpm.

also 1 or 2 psi can be the differecne between lean and ok. i want to be ok.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JDM-Defi-60mm-...item518fffb09d

this is half a bargain. still its a lot of wonga and i can understand that some (most) wont want to endulge in toys like that.

ive spent about IIRC soem years ago

defi boost - 150
                            controller - 60
                            eboost - 400
                            vems - egt/afr - 200
                            perrin pod - 100
                            defi meter - not used it-150

so getting on a grand for instruments.

Comment

Get one of these
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VDO-COCKPIT-WH...item3ca1a4caa1

then put an orange bulb in to back light it.

I have one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/52mm-GLOWSHIFT...item2eaad8fdda

It has 7 differnt colours, I'm sure the orange would match well. Let me know if you want to have a look.
                              Last edited by AndyP; 27 February 2010, 09:56.
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                              X