Dezent C Alloys 17x8, 5 off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dezent C Alloys 17x8, 5 off

I'm thinking of changing my Dezent Cs for some lightweight alloys. I have 5 off in 17" x 8J, ET35, 5x112 with 57.2 centre spigot rings and black Porsche centre caps. I believe these were fitted to some MTM cars, although that could just ahve been Bibby's. They were on Jamo's car before mine and looked immense with the black paint.

The spare is unused and comes with a new Bridgestone Potenza S-03 tyre, it has the original silver centre and unfortunately a few scratches to the lip from storage in the tight coupe wheel well

the 4 on the car were refurbished by myself in 2008 and have anthracite centres (that I absolutley love on the white car) and the lips are the OE diamond cut that I re-lacquered. 3 of the wheels are fine but 1 is slightly buckled (approx 5mm). I have had it inspected (and seen it myself) and was happy that it is safe and have continued to use it on the rear of the car with no problems with balance whatsoever. Ideally thiswould be moved to the position of spare and the inclusion of a brand new wheel more than covers this.

Overall the wheels are in average condition with a few chips and some light corrosion and kerbing around the lips (bar 1 with heavier kerbing). They clean up well and could be used for evey day duties straight away but for a show car or detailer's delight, they would require a refurb IMO.

I'm torn between spending the money on them to make them A1 or getting some lighter wheels that suit my car's useage and look more. I think the latter is the stronger pull at the mo.

Only the spare tyre is included in the sale, the remaining 4 alloys would be bare.

I could be tempted to include the Eagle F1s, all of which have 5mm+ even tread wear, but this would have to reflect the cost of new tyres!

I think that for 5 wheels, 1 of which is new, and has a new tyre, £300 is a suitable price + postage at buyer's cost.

Pictures of the wheels when fitted in 2007 and during the refurb in 2008 can be found in the Forum Gallery here.

Pictures of the wheels in 2008 fitted to the car below:-

Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

In answer to a question asked via PM, these weigh approx 21.5kg with 225/45R17 94Y Eagle F1 tyres, fully inflated. This is about the same as most standard weight alloys and lighter than some replicas.
    Last edited by Rusty; 14 January 2011, 10:26.
    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Great alloys these

Comment

glad to see its an unbiased thread They do look good actually
        Last edited by Rusty; 21 October 2010, 18:32.
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Still got these, little interest as yet... could be tempted to swap the wheels.
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Had a bit more interest but no sale. Get in touch if you're interested...
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Nice wheels Rusty, thanks for the offer mate but I am going to go down the 18' route I think. They are a bargain though!
              You might leave the S2 fold every so often - but you'll always come back!

Comment

No worries
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Still got these for sale, they're currently wearing Eagle F1 225/45R17 94Y XLs that have about 5mm of tread left, the spare has a full 8mm Potenza S-03 on it. After offers around £550 delivered for these. With a little elbow grease - get your car all pimped for the show season
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

£500 delivered
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Still happy to let these go, with the Eagles. Would listen to an offer on them but as the tyres are good and there's 5 off, I'm not letting them go for a song...
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Pictures from last year -
                        Attached Files
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Any pictures on Jamo's car?

Trying to imagine them on a darker vehicle.
                          1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                          A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

A search for Jamo in the gallery has yielded 3:-

Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Duh - sorry for not using the search

Hmm... I'm starting to get tempted by these.

Don't have the money right now, but if you still have them in a bit, we'll see.
                              1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                              A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

Working...
                              X