K24R Custom Dial Faces / Dials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K24R Custom Dial Faces / Dials

I decided to treat myself and get a set of dials made for my S2 in a colour that I wanted. I've got blue Samcos and blue stitched Recaros so I got a set made up in blue with white graduations. Blue and white works well elsewhere, can't wait to get them in place

As there was a MOQ I had a couple of other sets made up and these are for sale at £99 a set. As they are a 1 off batch they're a little dearer than the stock white ones but there's 3 sets in existence ever so exclusivity is guaranteed!

The set covers all dials and works in either MPH or KMH, sorry, won't work in an RS2 (noggy blue would look da bomb with these) as I've not got the speedos sorted for them yet (no one has a spare face) - this can be easily rectified...

I'll get them fitted and see what I think

I can do custom coloured dials but MOQ is 5 off so ideally need to get a group together for any particular colour.
    Attached Files
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

cool
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Here they are fitted (nightmare getting a picture without a reflection!).
      Attached Files
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Just sorted the VDO gauges out
        Attached Files
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

All in place now and looking awesome
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            Just sorted the VDO gauges out
            Questions:

1. What was your technique for removing the black ferrule that holds the gauge glass onto the gauge so you could change the face?

2. What was your technique for pulling the gauge needle off the pin?

Just curious.
            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Easy, just use a small flat screwdriver and slowly prise the black ferrule of bit by but.

The Needles pop off with ease but make sure you take pictures before hand so that they go back the same place..
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

1. Small, flat blade screwdriver and a LOT of patience

2. Say a prayer and either 2 small teaspoons as levers or latterly grab with fingernails and pull.

To replace the bezel I pressed an indent every 5-10mm around, it's all hidden by the trim.

Worth noting that the gauges required the needle positions adjusting a little as they don't sit on the zero point with no power on - learned this the hard way but luckily had the old gauges as reference.

Edit:- Bo beat me to it
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                X