boost reading?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost reading?????

hi all in my intoduction thread a asked if there was any issues that i needed to modify and it came up that i needed a boost gauge so bought a tim white faced of the bay fitted it and on start up tickover its reading -.5 bar then while under load goes up to around +.5 does this sound correct???

ambient reading from out side is 1006

I have just fitted a tim turbo gauge, where have you attached it?

In my car I read -0.5 bar on Idle, -0.9 bar on overrun and +1 bar on full boost at around 3000rpm which tails off as you get towards the red line.

I believe stock boost on these cars is around 0.8 bar of boost, someone will prob back me up on that.
    1991 Audi S2 Coupe

Comment

0.8 bar mid range on 3B and stock ABY without overboost engaged (decided by the ECU) ,1.0 bar with overboost on ABY.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

What should you be getting from a homefried ecu then? Gonna be fitting a boost gauge soon.

Comment

Stock ABY is .8bar, 1.2 in overboost. Homefry 1.4 all day long.

Tyler, .5 bar sounds like you have mechanical boost only, do you have any way to check fault codes?
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
            Stock ABY is .8bar, 1.2 in overboost. Homefry 1.4 all day long.
            A stock ABY runs 1.0bar full boost (dropping to 0.8bar at the redline) and 1.15bar in 'overboost' mode (4th, 5th and 6th gears only).

A homefried ABY makes 1.45bar

Cheers n

Si
            95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
            Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
            With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

As ever, this is covered on www.s2central.net and it seems that we're all right as it's temperature dependent on the ABY so higher temps = higher boost ranging from 1 to 1.3 bar at less than 400m

Tyler, check the resistance of the brown temperature sensor on the top of the inlet manifold, should read in the 400-500 ohm region at 20 deg.C

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...ing/boost.html

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...oolt.html#airt
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Sounds like Tylers car is only running on spring pressure... Could be carrying an ECU fault code(s) or simply a dead/stuck WGFV - or even easier a missing fuse for it - seen that more than once.
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

cheers everyone think ill take it to the doctors lol it runs sweet and pulls stupidlly well.
                  while looking at the engine on the right hand side under the bosche valve theres a canister type thing lol looks like there should be pipes going into it looks similar to a standard dump valve but thats further up does anyone know what it is soory about the description

Comment

if it's running spring boost and you think it's pulling well, wait till it's fixed and chipped, then you'll really get excited!

Canister under the DV Need to see a picture really, could be something to do with air con, if it's got it.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                    X