16 point IAT sensor curve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 point IAT sensor curve

Does anyone have a 16point plotted curve for the 1.8T IAT sensor or the CLT sensor used by our engines with VEMS ?

i use succesfully from marc the 2252/256 (IAT) and 1900/256 (CLT) patches, but i must say i get some odd differences on the readings when compared to the car's sensors.

what does everybody else use?

I believe the iat has big deviations. With 16 outside temp it was showing 23 iat with the engine standing for 15 hours.

With 20.5 outside reading it was showing 25 degrees with the sensor not bolted to the manifold (free air) and engine not run for 3 days.
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

thanks to thomas i now have the CLT oem audi sensor curve so that will work.its the same sensor for all audi I5s

i will buy a K type sensor to check the 1.8T sensor curve with the multimeter and report back. as there are a few of us using it, it will be more accurate than the patches.

watch this space..

Comment

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Does the 20v 1.8t Air Temp Sensor provide a different reading from the standard 3b IAT? Are they interchangeable?
          1991 Audi S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by montez View Post
            Does the 20v 1.8t Air Temp Sensor provide a different reading from the standard 3b IAT?
            yes.
            20v 1.8t is an "NTC" type sensor (Negative Temperature Coefficient)
            3b/AAN is "PTC" (Positive Temperature Coefficient)

Are they interchangeable?
            No.
            Marc Swanson
            Proprietor, EFI Express
            95.5 //S6 Avant
            90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
            93' //S4
            83' UrQ
            97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

It was just a question because on the 034 motorsport website it says that the item can be used for the 3B, but it does also say that it cannot be used with motronic, so this item would be no use for a direct replacement?
              1991 Audi S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by montez View Post
                It was just a question because on the 034 motorsport website it says that the item can be used for the 3B, but it does also say that it cannot be used with motronic, so this item would be no use for a direct replacement?
                here is what the sites says: Can also be used on older Audi AAN/3B applications with the center hole slightly enlarged., but not electrically compatible with the factory Motronic engine management.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I have one on my 3B engine and am having problems with it when I Vagcom the car. It says: Intake Air Temp Sensor, G42 - Open or Short to B+ Is this going to be likely because the sensor is not compatible with motronic or bad wiring, I asked before and they said the reason it is not compatible with motronic was due to the connectors.
                  1991 Audi S2 Coupe

Comment

No. The sensors have same connectors but different resistance vs temperature. Just put the original on the car!
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

i found in my stash a CLT OEM sensor as well, so ill test that one to verify the curve!

i will do that one with proper water and ice as it is meant to be used for those situations anyway.

Comment

here is the plotted mat curve for the 1.8T sensor.

i will try it out tomorrow.
                        Attached Files

Comment

To metrises simera?
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

i measured it yesterday using dry air but i also compared it by using plain water and the differences were very small.

i did a small run yesterday with this curve in the car and it seems more logical to the patch and ambient temperature.

Comment

small change

please change the 5C on the curve to 6C. it seems better and more accurate that way

Comment

Working...
                              X