My Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Coupe

Well as my I am hoping to recommission my car in the next couple of weeks, I thought that I might as well start a thread on where all of my money has gone over the last few years.

Bought it in 2007 (I think) from SR71 (J) on here. Here are the photos from the advert:

Which is pretty much how it stayed right until a quick trip to everyone's favourite toll road a month later:

And within about 10 minutes of coming back from there, the tinkering and 'making my own' began.
    Last edited by ciaranthemurph; 7 February 2011, 20:17. Reason: Grammar spaz

Looking good,

Comment

The wheels r lush. I want em!

Comment

This:

Via eBay, brand new from a dealer, still in the boxes:

Some cleaning of the engine room and some of Paul's hoses:

A final look at the car on the 19's:

Comment

Lovley colour!
          Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Looking good! I prefer the nw wheels to be honest. That is my favourite s2 colour. Where in Glasgow are you? I'm just outside Paisley near the airport.

Comment

Thanks for comments guys. The 19s weren't really for me, so they got moved on to a friend of a friend ( Noel!). It's quite a high mileage car now, as this was the scene a couple of years ago:

The A82 in the snow (note the overtaken snow plough catching up in the background):

Obviously what with it being an S2 there is plenty of this:

and

And every time this happened, I wanted to give up and sell it. I had a few offers from friends who were interested in buying, but every time I took it for a good run on the right road, all was forgiven:

Comment

I have had mine for 2 years as my daily n only seen that tow truck once! What does everyone do to ruin them?

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                  I have had mine for 2 years as my daily n only seen that tow truck once! What does everyone do to ruin them?
                  Even when mine has broke down i made it home. or it was on the drive broke down anyway, Touch wood.....

Comment

Love that colour, car looks very tidy.

Right choice getting rid of the 19s, can't imagine how much they weighed!

How long have you had those alloy topmounts on there? Any feedback on them?
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by martinws View Post
                      Looking good! I prefer the nw wheels to be honest. That is my favourite s2 colour. Where in Glasgow are you? I'm just outside Paisley near the airport.
                      I'm in Knightswood out past Anniesland. Do you go to the meets often? I normally make it to them if I'm not working.

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                      Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
                      Even when mine has broke down i made it home. or it was on the drive broke down anyway, Touch wood.....
                      The first picture was a fuel pump, then next was the dreaded spark plug coming loose and destroying a coil pack, at midnight just at Perth. Both meant end of play for the day.

Things slowed down for a bit with the purchase of a (what turned into a project) car and getting my first house. So, I replaced all of the bushes with powerflex and superflex stuff, and 034 Motorsport solid engine mounts, which are so nice to look at, it's a shame that they are underneath the car.

Also, there is one of Andy's first batch of Snub Mounts and it is biggest improvement to the driveline shunt compared to all of the other parts that I've fitted. Definite owed!

Decided to tart up the interior a bit, as it was looking a little sorry as it had covered over 220k by this point:

OEM Cost option electric leather Recaros - proper ones with no hole in the head rests

Oh my word, what a difference! Favourite thing on the car at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ciaranthemurph View Post

hah, these look so big on the S2. They're the wheels we have on the A6 (the ones I think are great but Sharon referred to as "stock *****").

I think they suit a bigger car personally - they're nice, but disproportionate on the S2, IMHO.
                        1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                        A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

The new seats are looking good, however get some black gliptone and colour wash the faded bits in then recondition the leather. They will come up like new.
                          Steve

1990 RR 20V
                          1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Originally posted by ciaranthemurph View Post
                            I'm in Knightswood out past Anniesland. Do you go to the meets often? I normally make it to them if I'm not working.

I have never went to any meets. I dont own an S2 but have a coupeE and a typ85 90quattro that im just putting an ABY into. It would be good to meet up some time and get a good look at how parts of your engine are layed out.
                            I have pretty much all of the parts for the swap apart from an ABY loom now.
                            Will you be at the Grouse meet in crief?

Comment

Ciaran,

Nice car, doesn't show the milage, love the seats, thanks for sharing.

Was on one of those trucks once, fuel pump failure at around approximately 140k.

Kind regards.

Comment

Working...
                              X