Installing Comming Home/Leaving home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Comming Home/Leaving home

I have always tought the Comming home/leaving home-system on the newer Audi`s are quite cool, so I made a little system for my self on my `92 Audi 80 B4 Saloon.
    Here are some videos of the system fully functional

Maybe someone here wants to install this on theire Audi.
    Unfortually I did`nt take any pictures while I was installing this for 2 years ago

All you need is:
    - A normal lightswitch-relay with 4 ports (30, 85, 86 and 87)
    - Enought wires
    - A car with foglights.
    - The car must also have the "newer" rooflights/readinglighs witch dim it self down after you have looked the car (I had this on my `92 mod Saloon, but not on my `89 mod Coupe)
    - The system works best if you have a wireless controlled sentrallocking (For example the original or the Defa-system).

The princip is not hard to get.
    You wire up the relay to the battery 12v, the foglights, the rooflight, and an other 12v. You have now a main-circuit with foglights and 12V "waiting" for a signal. This signal it gets from when you unlock you car and the rooflight switches on. The main-circuit then gets power and the fog lights will turn on.

The foglights will stay on until you lock the car again, or you can let them stay on for about 30 secunds if you open the car and then relock it.

The relay need 4 different "signals":
    - On port 30 you need permanent safe 12V from the battery
    - On port 85 you also need permant 12v, but this works just as a signal so you don`t need a lot of power.
    - On port 87 you connect a wire from the relay and out to the foglights, this is also your earth.
    - On port 86 you connect your self on the big rooflight in the middle. The rooflight is controlled with earth, so its important that you fint the right signal. You`ll find a signal in the rooflight witch changes from 12v too earth when you unlock the car and stays that way until you start the engine, or lock the car again.

Heres a drawing of a wiresheet so it`s a bit easier to understand.

Tips:

- If you got you rear foglight-switch on, you`ll also have them lighten up when you open your car! (I installed some 5W bulbs and used them as extra rear lights)

- I did`nt do this, but it is very smart to hook up a fuse somewhere in the system, so you are protected if something goes wrong.

- I also installed a manual switch between the 12v-signal, so the system is out of function in, for example, daylight.

ENJOY!
    Last edited by AudiRS; 29 January 2014, 11:04.
    - `95 Audi S2 B4 2,2T Avant
    - `07 Audi A6 C6 S-line Lim.
    - `96 Audi A6 C4 2,5TDIs Quattro
    - `93 Audi 80 TDI Avant
    - `89 Audi Coupe 2,3E 20v quattro[/URL]
    - `99 Audi A4 B5 1,8TS 20v quattro
    - `92 Audi 80 B4 2,3E 10v quattro

Very
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Working...
    X