Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just made my S2 feel 10yrs younger.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just made my S2 feel 10yrs younger.......

Been meaning to do summit with my wood trim for a while. Have a spare set that i was gonna paint anthracite or summit. But.........came across a cheap roll of carbon effect vinyl and decide to cover them instead.

What a difference, cant belive i didnt do this sooner!!!!

(sorry bout pic quality, only had phone on me!)

before......

after..........

AL

Good job! Looks good I still can't believe that Audi put such a poor looking wood effect into these cars and then charged for the privilege...
    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Looks good! I thought it made a huge difference to the inside of mine when I changed my wood for carbon.
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

lol i know! i just wonder if dealers used to stick on the spec sheet as they bought them in. I just cant see anybody saying "yes ill take one, that shinny red with black leather, oh you know what, ill have that brown wood trim as well ta!"

lol

Comment

Weirdly I think the wood trim looks cool and always wanted some of the "zebrano"? wood in my old cq20v.

Comment

i know many people who likes a lot the "wood" trims in the cars.... fuc_k¡¡¡

nice work¡¡
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

carbon effect vinyl

Very nice!!! You should create a DIY best practices step by step. Please

Comment

looks good getting sick of my wood trim i think thats given me the kick up the **** i needed!!!

Comment

I've done a couple of peoples trims now with very good quality vinyl and it looks the mutz nutz. Well worth the spend. Good job there sir!
                  Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
                    Good job! Looks good I still can't believe that Audi put such a poor looking wood effect into these cars and then charged for the privilege...
                    That "wood effect" as you call it, is actually, well, er....WOOD. Real wood veneer over at least some wood core, like very thin plywood. If you think the "effect" was poor, blame the walnut trees that were used.
                    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                      That "wood effect" as you call it, is actually, well, er....WOOD. Real wood veneer over at least some wood core, like very thin plywood. If you think the "effect" was poor, blame the walnut trees that were used.
                      ...and not the quality control bods? If it looks wood effect, which it does, then surely it was a bit of a waste of resources? It could have been a dresser or dining table or at worst fuel for the stove. Anyway for what its worth I think the carbon, for these cars, is an improvement.

That said the darker "wood" (as removed) found in the later S2 is much better than the earlier, lighter stuff found in the cq's etc.
                      Last edited by Jenks; 3 March 2011, 01:18.

Comment

If I wanted wood in my car I'd get a f*cking bonsai tree...

1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                        A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

Winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            If I wanted wood in my car I'd get a f*cking bonsai tree...

Don't you think that a DVD player with a XXX DVD might be better?
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

And where do the lovelly big speaker pods in the doors come from???

Comment

Working...
                              X