Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy Bee Sting Aerial - Where to buy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy Bee Sting Aerial - Where to buy ?

Looking to buy a new amplified roof bee sting radio ariel for an ABY Avant ?

Should look oem.

Any comments or advices welcome.

Thanks.

yep, need one for my coupe too. Always struggled in the past to get one from anywhere other than dealer. GM ones work buy angle is wrong...btdt
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks, hopefully someone else has info on this issue for the two of us?

Comment

I put one on mine that was intended for a Vauxhall. As mentioned, it is at the wrong angle - but it was only £25 as opposed to the stealers £60 odd. The prices may be a bit out of date as it was a few years ago now.

Comment

i need one

I also need one, from audi they do cost alot money and i've tried a second hand one which was no better than the one i had. Do the vauxhall ones fit ok apart from the angle, do the wires join up ? maybe we just have to bite the bullet and buy one from audi

Comment

I fitted a Vauxhall one which I got cheap off of ebay, pretty easy to fit, you just have to butcher the power wire, the aerial wire was a direct fit. I can't find the same one I bought on ebay any more though - try to get an actual oem Vauxhall one as there are lots of reproduction ones about.

Also, before you blame the amp make sure the amplifier is receiving power as the feed can sometimes get cut.

Last edited by Colesy; 25 May 2011, 22:43.

Comment

btw, I can get an un-amplified VAG style bee sting ariel rod and base for €15 approx, and so was just wondering if it is easy / cheap to buy an inline amplifier I can purchase and easily insert in line ?

Thanks for earlier replies and pms.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
                btw, I can get an un-amplified VAG style bee sting ariel rod and base for €15 approx, and so was just wondering if it is easy / cheap to buy an inline amplifier I can purchase and easily insert in line ?

Thanks for earlier replies and pms.
                You can get inline amplifiers off the bay for £5, but before you do that, I'd just try it without the amplifier. Depending on how good your head unit is, you will probably find it works fine without an amplifier.

If you do buy an inline amplifier it will fit up at the dash end not the aerial end so is easier to fit afterwards in you do need one.

John

Comment

Thanks John.

Comment

David I have a votex (vw passat / golf) from a main dealer sitting here. You're welcome to it if the angle etc is correct for you.

Oh it's new in it's box and is amplified.
                    Shane

Comment

One's just been listed on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-s2-coupe-...item1c1c5bd85d

NCTS

Comment

Working...
                      X