My Speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Speedo

Guys this maybe a daft question but my speedo has stopped working??? its still working measuring speed but the mileage has stopped working on both bits has any body got any ideas? could it be a fuse or loose wire or what do i need to look for? Thanks in advance

I am guessing the plastic gears have given up the ghost... Was it just about to turn another 100K?

If it is displaying speed it is getting the signal so should rotate the digits.

S2_bo has had loads of these to pieces, he maybe able to answer as to what to do.
    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Ok cheers mate mileage is 158655 just thought it was a strange one to stop at!! no 1000 digit changes or anything?? very strange

Comment

Odometer gear is probably toasted. Just fixed this last week on my 7A coupe.

Comment

Any chance you could send or post a quick guide on how to fix this please?

Cheers
          Andy

Comment

Here is the guide from Hu Powell at Human Speakers. Great write up. If you need help, sourcing the gear I can get it for you here in the US and mail it to you.http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/odometer.htm

I believe the gear was $28.00
            Last edited by Audicted; 14 October 2011, 14:34. Reason: Update with pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Audicted View Post
              Here is the guide from Hu Powell at Human Speakers. Great write up. If you need help, sourcing the gear I can get it for you here in the US and mail it to you.http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/odometer.htm

I believe the gear was $28.00
              Cheers mate that should be useful

Comment

Is it possible to get the odometer gear somewhere inside EU? Customs tax rates from outside EU are not friendly in my country and they start if the package's total worth is from 10 $ and higher

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313
                Last edited by LVrainman; 20 February 2012, 18:05.
                audiScars

Comment

The gear is small enough to fit in an envelope without customs being made aware of it. If you want you can purchase it from the seller and have it sent to me and I can mail it to you incognito. PM me.

Comment

Thanks for your kind offer. I will try to use my other contacts there
                    audiScars

Comment

... got a small packet today

Last edited by LVrainman; 14 March 2012, 13:20.
                      audiScars

Comment

Two days ago I got a nice package from US with two cogs for my odometer. When I assembled the cluster the odometer did not worked, so I had to disassemble the cluster again.
                        After a careful inspection I realised that the "big" cog i got from the states does not match the "big" cog from my cluster and the differences are quite big for such a small part ~ 11,5mm diameter for the new one vs 15,5 mm diameter for the old one.
                        OBS! the total diameter of the part is the same it is just the cog part that is smaller.

so, I assembled the cluster with the old "big" cog and the new "small" cog

Now, the question is as follows... are there any differences in these "big" cogs for kmph vs mph instruments? If so, be aware of this difference if you are purchasing new "big" cog. If not then I have got a wrong cog sent to me.

cheers!
                        audiScars

Comment

I think you got the wrong cog sent to you. Everything depends on who you bought your items from.

Comment

i bought from this seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Volvo-85...b3c4bd&vxp=mtr
                            audiScars

Comment

Working...
                            X