Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RS2 brakes, spacer thickness for original 5-spokes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 brakes, spacer thickness for original 5-spokes?

Hi
    Have recently converted my -91 S2 to 928S4 front calipers(same as RS2 I think) and A8 314x30 discs .
    Winter is approaching, and I wonder what thickness I will need for spacers in order to use original 5-spoke wheels? Tried to search forum but no cigar(?)
    Thanks in advance!
    Leif-Helge
    -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
    -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Originally posted by dkw_dude
    Hi
    Have recently converted my -91 S2 to 928S4 front calipers(same as RS2 I think) and A8 314x30 discs .
    Winter is approaching, and I wonder what thickness I will need for spacers in order to use original 5-spoke wheels? Tried to search forum but no cigar(?)
    Thanks in advance!
    I've not seen any postings about this subject. I thought that setup cleared the original wheels. Someone has the 323mm disks and the 993TT calipers under the standard 5 spokes.

I would just try one wheel on and see if it is ok.

HTH

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
      I've not seen any postings about this subject. I thought that setup cleared the original wheels. Someone has the 323mm disks and the 993TT calipers under the standard 5 spokes.

I would just try one wheel on and see if it is ok.

HTH

David
      Tried one wheel on with a 25mm spacer (part of RH wheel setup I use for summer tires) and there was only 10-11mm clearance from the spokes. That means a 20 mm spacer is needed! And that can't be good.

I tried a wheel from the old summer setup (17x7,5), still with 25mm spacer, and the spoke clearance was ~20mm. If I buy a set of 17in winter tires whith these wheels I will still need a 8mm spacer.

Hmm this has got me considering reinstalling original front brakes for winter use.
      Leif-Helge
      -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
      -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

Originally posted by dkw_dude
        Tried one wheel on with a 25mm spacer (part of RH wheel setup I use for summer tires) and there was only 10-11mm clearance from the spokes. That means a 20 mm spacer is needed! And that can't be good.

I tried a wheel from the old summer setup (17x7,5), still with 25mm spacer, and the spoke clearance was ~20mm. If I buy a set of 17in winter tires whith these wheels I will still need a 8mm spacer.

Hmm this has got me considering reinstalling original front brakes for winter use.
        I didn't think that there was that little clearance behind the wheels.

David

Comment

the alternative is a set of 6 spoke Avus wheels.
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X