Jeremy - 1994 Audi 90 CS Quattro Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy - 1994 Audi 90 CS Quattro Sport

Hi fellas I'm new to the forum and thought id introduce myself.

I hail all the way from Langley B.C. Canada! I'm 21 years of age and obsessed with Euro cars specifically Audi and VW.

I know its not an S2 But I love it!

Unfortunately 2 weeks ago, the car was sideswiped by a van but its in the body shop right now getting 2 new doors and some things painted! I hope to be back on the road this wednesday.

I should probably ask this somewhere else in the forum but I am considering a 20v swap into the car. Is this a waste of a thought? I just need an idea on how hard it is guna be. Ive got my eye on a 1991 5cyl 20v motor. would that just bolt up to my 5 speed?

Thanks!

what is the current engine in it?
    audiScars

Comment

2.8 v6

Comment

Welcome
        The car looks great
        You live in a lovely part of the world - perfect habitat for a quattro. I'm coming to BC in Feb - Whistler baby
        Its not too difficult to do the swap but you will need to make custom engine mounts, or fit 20v mounting bracket on the chassis. Otherwise, yes it will all bolt up. One thing to think about is the gear ratios, they will be quite long for the 20v as it revs higher, up to 7.2k rpm, your gearbox and diff are geared for the ~6k rpm of the V6. Of course, a 20v gearbox and diff are all bolt-on too.

I used to have a 2.8 CQ, and i have to say the 7A is a better engine, more revvy and fun. Have you thought about a 30v V6? Something a bit different.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I would suggest, if you plan a transplant go for 20 vt from the very start, because once you start with transplants.. sooner or later you end up with 20 vt.
          audiScars

Comment

Looks loverly".........Mark

Comment

Welcome , Nice motor,not got an S2 either, nearest Ive got
              Is a 90q 10v ,this is a great site though
              sigpic
              Cab 2.3E
              90q
              URS6

Comment

That is crying out to be converted into an S2 saloon (sedan)

Comment

Nice car. As suggested above 20VT all the way. BTW, what wheels are those, they look fabulous.

Comment

Hi. Small world. I am from Vancouver. I have a 93 UrS4 and "lead" a group of UrS4/S6 owners in the area. Amongst them is a fellow with a 90 or 91 Audi 90 Sport quattro sedan with a 3B (the 1991 200 20V turbo engine in North America) conversion (from a 7A). There is also a fellow in Calgary that is on our BC/Alta/Sask UrS mailing list who converted his CQ to 3B. There is also a fellow originally from Langley now in Edmonton who is in the process of converting his 93 90 Sport to a 4.2L A8 V8 and knows a lot about the B4s.

If you want to send me a private message here with your email address, I can put you in contact with them.

(Click on "UrS4boy" to the left of this message and select SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE)
                    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Agree with the above, 2.8 V6 to 7A just isnt worth the effort, would only be a little more work to fit an AAN engine from an S6. 4.2 V8 would be interesting too
                      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Jeremy,

Welcome to the forum, a fabulous resource for B4s and B3s.

Your car looks great.

20vt all the way from the start, if you do decide to change the engine, which I think you should once you experience a 20vt - the push in the back and the soundtrack.

Having said that if a 4.2 v8 is "easier" for you, obviously consider it also.

In the meantime, fit two two "bucket" front seats, if you can't lay your hands on oem style RS2 Recaros. You will appreciate them all the time you are seated in the car. They can be a permanent acquisition / investment, as naturally they can also be moved from car to car if required.

Also, to move the car forward, on the visual front, more easily than an engine switch, consider a front S2 bumper and ellipsoid headlights, and an S2 Avant rear bumper to complete the look, with the blacking out the chrome trim around the edge of the bonnet grille.

Assuming you can get sellers to ship the bumpers over to you. Piggyback in a business to business container or maybe have them stuck into a house moving company's international container. You never know unless you ask.

Kind regards.

Comment

Wow im surprised by all the helpful responses.

Error404 - Ok so custom engine mounts, Myself and my friend can easily handle that. Regarding the long gear ratios, in every car ive been in ive wanted longer gears so i would see that as an upgrade

LVrainman - Haha shows how much i know, i thought all the 20V motors were turbo. Yes im definitly looking for a turbo motor.

Audicted - Thanks! - They are Keskin KT1 Klassiks

UrS4boy - Thanks a bunch - you have a pm

David in Dublin - Thats a pile of helpful info. Much appreciated. While i would love spending more on the body and interior, Im going to try and sort out the motor end first. I am most definitly set on the 20vt, The soundtrack is just too good to pass up.

If you guys were doing the swap which engine code should i aim for, Im confused with all this AAN 7A 3B stuff.

Is the 7A the non turbo 5cyl?

once again thanks alot!

Comment

Roughly

7A is normally aspirated 2.3 20v engine, 170bhp
                            3B is 2.2 20v turbo distributor engine, 220 bhp, chips to 285 (from 200 20v stateside, large chassis, s2 over here)
                            AAN is 2.2 20v turbo engine coil on plug, 220 bhp, chips to 285 (large chassis from s4)
                            ABY is 2.2 20v turbo engine coil on plug, 220 bhp, chips to 285 (small chassis, from s2)

The projects section on motorgeek is worth a look for what people build on what budgets stateside

http://www.motorgeek.com/

20vt swaps are done and proven, there are a few v8 swaps out there, but it is not as simple as the 20vt ones.
                            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

That helps a bunch. from the sounds of it, i need to find a wrecked 93 s4,

i found the thread where the guy is doing the near exact swap. living and breathing motorgeek right now. Il get back to you fellas. - should probably start a different thread somewhere else in the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X