S2 maff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 maff

Is £170 good for a new maff and is it the same as Rs2 maff?

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
    Is £170 good for a new maff and is it the same as Rs2 maff?
    The 3B, AAN and ABY MAFs are the same. The RS2 ADU MAF is physically different (it's the one on the right). More MAF info, including PNs, follow the link and then click on the MAF label in the lower left corner of the diagram:

http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...ice%20Map.html

3B/AAN/ABY on the left, ADU on the right:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

IF i remember correctly the air vents/grills are bigger on rs2 maf, look like a waffle.

the s2 maf is much more restricted with smaller holes for the air to get in, so definitely not the same aesthetically, but function the same mechanically.
      ''I'm 999 thou' short of a mill!''

Comment

at least i think they do, Dave would know best..

hope your well dave
        ''I'm 999 thou' short of a mill!''

Comment

Originally posted by Biggss2 View Post
          at least i think they do, Dave would know
          prj (dmitri) (and Paul N) knows even better. What I know, is they are very close electrically but you need to remove the metal screens to get them to flow in a similar fashion. But prj has argued that the difference is minor. Personally, when I RS2'd my AAN, I went with the RS2 MAF.

Here are graphs of the AAN and RS2 OE MAF output voltages at different RPMs on an AAN engine:

Comment

like the ones on ebay £169.99p

Comment

yeah the one and the same just heard on here that they are nla from audi.

Comment

the place thats selling them is about harf an hour from me in doncaster i was going this saturday for one for my 3b coupe

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  prj (dmitri) (and Paul N) knows even better. What I know, is they are very close electrically but you need to remove the metal screens to get them to flow in a similar fashion.
                  I can confirm from factory data now, that they are completely identical electrically.
                  The difference on that graph is likely because not two brand new units were compared and because they are within a 3% error margin anyway.

That graph to me looks like they used an AAN maf with some miles on and a brand new ADU MAF.
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                    I can confirm from factory data now, that they are completely identical electrically. The difference on that graph is likely because not two brand new units were compared and because they are within a 3% error margin anyway.
                    That graph to me looks like they used an AAN maf with some miles on and a brand new ADU MAF.
                    Thanks Dmitri. I have updated my MAF post to include your comments above.

Comment

Euro car parts were doing S2 maffs for £150 delivered the other week.

Comment

Hell that's a good price!!!
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

They are now doing them for £165 + vat deliverd.

Comment

Can I use RS2 maff on a S2?
                            It will fit, but I don't know if it will work on a proper way..

Comment

Originally posted by diogocartier View Post
                              Can I use RS2 maff on a S2?
                              It will fit, but I don't know if it will work on a proper way..
                              Yes. Re-read the posts above. They are the same electrically. The RS2 MAF might flow better than the S2 MAF (so bonus).

Click on the G70 MAF label (lower left) in this diagram to get more MAF info:

http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...ice%20Map.html (all the other labels are live too)

Comment

Working...
                              X