rs2 vin help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rs2 vin help

Hi everyone, i am currently in greece looking at an rs2, but not sure if it is a genuine rs2, the vin is: WAUZZZ8CZSA041224, and from what i have been reading the third letter should be a C, not a U. anyways here is a link to the ad, http://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/view/700054/

any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by jonny24 View Post
    ... but not sure if it is a genuine rs2, the vin is: WAUZZZ8CZSA041224, and from what i have been reading the third letter should be a C, any help is appreciated.
    You are probably looking at an S2 avant that has been cloned to look like an RS2. BUT it is NOT an RS2. You are correct on the "WAC" because of the joint construction by Audi and Porsche a genuine RS2 will have a Chassis No. that starts with WAC like this one from a 95 RS2 (Note: The "Z" after the S (where S =95) is Zuffenhausen, i.e. the Porsche factory.

There were only about 3100 RS2s built so their VINs are like this:

Buyer beware.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

According to our greek members Billman and A80avant the RS2 never made it there instead a glut of A80 avants got converted in RS2 spec

Comment

WAUZZZ8CZSA041224 ...any help is appreciated.
        Further examination of the "RS2" (Bullsh*t) VIN:

WAU = built by Audi in Germany

SA = S =1995, built at Ingolstadt (where A = Ingolstadt, N = Neckarsulm, Z = Zuffenhausen)

So based on the SA041224, I *think* it is an Audi 80 Q, i.e. potentially an S2 (but it could have started out as an 80q avant) built in September 1994, i.e. into the 1995 model year. NOT an RS2 in so many ways.

Comment

Confirmed see above post

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
            According to our greek members Billman and A80avant the RS2 never made it there instead a glut of A80 avants got converted in RS2 spec
            As a result, it might be a very nice vehicle. However, the buyer should buy it as a modified Audi 80, and NOT pay a premium for it as an "RS2".

Comment

It's at 6000 euros so it's at S2 avant price, I dont think the owner probably knows any different

If it's in good condition worth the buy

Comment

audi rs2 vin help

thanks for the help guys, do you think the vin would be an issue for importing into canada? the car is pretty nice overall, mechanically is solid, couple cracks on the front bumper, and couple small dents on two doors. it will end up costing about 6600euro to get transferred to my name. would these cars be officially converted by factory, or by individuals in greece. thanks again, will have to think about it and decide in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                  It's at 6000 euros so it's at S2 avant price, I dont think the owner probably knows any different. If it's in good condition worth the buy
                  Probably correct on all counts.

General question: As a 95 S2, wouldn't it have the three spoke airbag sport steering wheel or did they come in later? Not this:

Comment

Factory? if it was done at the factory it would be a geniune rs2! It's aftermarket

I dont see a problem your only doing what saltinot has done

Comment

That ugly steering wheel pops up everywhere and that is probably the original a80 quatrtro wheel

Comment

thanks for the help guys, do you think the vin would be an issue for importing into canada?
                        There is a real LHD RS2 in the UK (see another post).

All Transport Canada cares about is is it more than 15 years old to the month. May 2012 - 15 years = May 1997 or older. As a result, a Sept. 94 build Audi 80 would be fine for importation. I don't think they car about cosmetics. When you bring a car in from the US, you have to get a letter from Audi North America that states that all the recalls have been done. I am not sure if that applies for imports from the UK or England.

Where are you located? Your default signature flag says "USA".

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          There is a real LHD RS2 in the UK (see another post).

All Transport Canada cares about is is it more than 15 years old to the month. May 2012 - 15 years = May 1997 or older. As a result, a Sept. 94 build Audi 80 would be fine for importation. I don't think they car about cosmetics. When you bring a car in from the US, you have to get a letter from Audi North America that states that all the recalls have been done. I am not sure if that applies for imports from the UK or England.

Where are you located? Your default signature flag says "USA".
                          i am located in toronto, canada. currently in greece on vacation. i would prefer to get a genuine rs2, i am going to look at a couple the next few days. they are priced much higher, but i would prefer it. it will be the big brother to my TTRS!

thanks again guys, will keep you posted on my search.

Comment

Just see that. Originally 7 RS2 where imported in Greece. That particular one is most probably an Audi 80 Avant 1.8 liter quattro converted to RS2. He states that you can register it for less displacement (less taxes-means it was registered before with a smaller engine).

They are converted mostly by individuals so you cannot know if everything was done properly. alla cables ect....Autocked, diagnosis, airbags....

There are some other expensive RS2s....check the VIN numbers as UrS4Boy stated.

@URS4Boy

the early RS2 like mine came with a 4 spoke wheel but the smaller one. These wheels where on Audi 80 with Airbag.

check it out at 0.55' and 1.55'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbkuYafUD2E
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                              @URS4Boy: the early RS2 like mine came with a 4 spoke wheel but the smaller one. These wheels where on Audi 80 with Airbag.
                              Thanks. I have seen and driven a 94 model year RS2 with the four spoke steering wheel. My point/question was by a Sept 94 build date, i.e. VINs > SZ000299, were the RS2 airbag steering wheels three spoke or four spoke?

Comment

Working...
                              X